Thieving scumbags

jordansmum
jordansmum Member Posts: 316
edited 4. Sep 2010, 09:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
it makes me so mad to ,the other day my daughter inlaw went to her friends house and a thief decided to put there hand through the window and take her handbag which had her car key's house key's and car stereo in amongst other thing's so it cost her loads these people should be locked up they are vermin.

Comments

  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    delboy wrote:
    Just had a phone call form my daughter who is visiting a friend in London to say she had her phone and wallet stolen while out clubbing last night.

    I absolutely detest the thieving scumbags who steal the property from people who have worked hard to buy stuff and they consider it OK to just relieve them of their property.

    I can keep an eye on the phone using goggle latitude and if they switch it on I shall be calling and offering advice, something along the lines of take it to the nearest police station and report it found or you will get a visit from some very nasty bikers.

    A friend of mine has to buy his phone back from who ever stole/found it. He had to go to some dodgy area to do the deal too but needed his phone for business.


    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

    Define yourself........

    Harvey Fierstein
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I generally like to the good things about people but many years ago I was involved in a bus crash, whilst I was helping an injured women on the floor, some bugger nicked my handbag, I was then chucked off the bus leaving me in town with no money, keys or phone and had to walk home which as you may have guessed left me in a very sorry state. Took away my faith in human nature more than a tiny bit!, however since then a kind samaritan has truly revived it...2 christmases ago I got a tiny bit sqiffy at a work xmas do and my handbag strap broke, I didn't realise my loss until my husband phoned to ask me where my purse was....apparently it was safe at a lovely ladies house who had spent a good part of the evening tracking me down through a round about route of business cards and photos within my wallet...I was then given a guy I was withs last tenner to get home, even though he had much further to go than me...he wanted to ensure I was safe :D
    When I went to pick up the purse the next day she wouldn't accept even a token thank you
    Chrissie
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 10,319
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Del

    It is a sad fact of modern life that we must all expect to be robbed at some time, but it is always shocking when it happens. A few years ago, my car was stolen from the drive during the night. My bedroom is at the front, overlooking the drive, but I didn't hear a thing. It was such a shock to wake up in the morning, and to realise that it had disappeared. It was later found crashed into a gate, and it was written off, so I always hoped that the thieves did themselves some damage in the process.

    On the other hand, it restores your faith in people when someone behaves kindly and honestly. I accidentally left an expensive camera on a garden seat while visiting a NT property, and didn't realise until quite a while later. I was very relieved to find that someone honest had found it and handed it in for me to collect.

    Good luck with the phone.

    Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,142
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I do hope you get the phone back.

    It is a real sad world when a saying is Trust no one.

    I live in a quiet cul-de-sac but I sit in my house with doors locked all day like a prisoner. Just because of these sneak in burglars.

    The other week on the radio they did an experiment. They dropped 10 wallets around a town centre, with money in, and somesort of id.
    5 wallets never to be returned. 2 wallets returned minus the money and only 3 returned in tact. how bad is that.

    juliepf x
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    She needs to tell her phone provider, (O2, Vodaphone, etc.), as soon as possible, so they can block the phone using it's unique IMEI number, which makes it useless anywhere. Then it can't be sold on, even if the SIM is changed.

    Also notify the police and obtain a Crime Number in case it is recovered at a future date.

    Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 10,319
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    delboy wrote:
    cthornley wrote:
    ... I was involved in a bus crash, whilst I was helping an injured women on the floor, some bugger nicked my handbag, ...
    Chrissie

    A similar thing happened to me, the train I was travelling in derailed and split into 3 with the middle part ending up on it's side. After recovering from being bounced around and nearly being thrown onto the track (I was next to the door where the train split but fortunately it slid shut) I ran back to help the injured. Finally got to my destination and found that my holiday money had been stolen from my suitcase.

    That was such a sick thing for someone to do :!: :shock: Whatever goes on in some people's minds? In the midst of a terrible accident, with people lying injured, they can only think of the opportunity to steal from someone :shock: It really is the pits, and shows a total lack of moral values.

    That must have been a horrible experience for you, Del, and thank goodness you survived.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,091
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I am so sorry to hear this dell, how awful that your daughter was doing what young people should be doing enjoying themselves, and not robbing people.
    Hopefully you will catch who ever did this, I do hope it isn't anyone she knows.
    Barbara
    Love
    Barbara
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,523
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    A couple of years ago my son took my parents dog (Nellie) for a walk, he came back and told me she had done a huge poo :shock: and couldn't/wouldn't clear it up :roll: so off I went with a carry bag :shock: oh lordy it was huge. Well I managed to get it all up and tied the handles, as there was no doggy poo bin I had to take it home. While wlking back with bag of dog **** some thug ran up behind me and swiped the bag out of my hands and ran off. Bet he thinks twice now before mugging someone else, oh and saved me a job of having to find some where to dispose of it :mrgreen:

    I'm so sorry this happened to your daughter, I hope she is ok.

    Jules
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,386
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    snowball wrote:
    A couple of years ago my son took my parents dog (Nellie) for a walk, he came back and told me she had done a huge poo :shock: and couldn't/wouldn't clear it up :roll: so off I went with a carry bag :shock: oh lordy it was huge. Well I managed to get it all up and tied the handles, as there was no doggy poo bin I had to take it home. While wlking back with bag of dog **** some thug ran up behind me and swiped the bag out of my hands and ran off. Bet he thinks twice now before mugging someone else, oh and saved me a job of having to find some where to dispose of it :mrgreen:

    I'm so sorry this happened to your daughter, I hope she is ok.

    Jules


    :D:D:D:D:D:D Brilliant
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,386
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Del,
    So sorry to hear your daughter has had this done to her. She will feel awful about it. I kept and wondering why they singled me out when it happened to me once in a supermarket and then at work some toe rag walked in and dipped by bag. It’s a marathon to cancel everything and trying to remember what else is missing. She will need a hug from you.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,727
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Del

    Sorry to hear about this. These people really are a waste of space. But saying that does not make you or your daughter feel much better.

    I'm not that good at all these phones but if your daughter had it switched off will theybe able to use it?

    I should think that they take the money and anything else she has in her bag then dump the things that ae no use to them.

    A few years ago my mum was in a charity shop buying some odds and ends to surrport the charity. Well this man a nd woman went in there and they had a knife which they used to cut her leather bag open. They stole her purse and other things that meant a lot to her.

    The police said they were proffesionals at doing this and had other reports about the same offences that day by the same people. The police did look for them as they had used a knife so had a weapon on them.

    We had a policeman come to see her and told her that although they searched for them they did not find them.

    They did find her purse in a MacDonalds and then said they must have gone in there to hide.

    They are scum and worse than that but I would get into trouble if I said what I thought.

    Trish xx
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,276
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Del, I'm so sorry to read about what happened to your daughter. Its a rotten thing to happen to her. If its any consolation, I'm a great believer in Karma, what goes around comes around, and they've go theirs coming to them!!!! Hope she's OK following her ordeal xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Del

    It is a sad fact of modern life that we must all expect to be robbed at some time, but it is always shocking when it happens. A few years ago, my car was stolen from the drive during the night. My bedroom is at the front, overlooking the drive, but I didn't hear a thing. It was such a shock to wake up in the morning, and to realise that it had disappeared. It was later found crashed into a gate, and it was written off, so I always hoped that the thieves did themselves some damage in the process.

    On the other hand, it restores your faith in people when someone behaves kindly and honestly. I accidentally left an expensive camera on a garden seat while visiting a NT property, and didn't realise until quite a while later. I was very relieved to find that someone honest had found it and handed it in for me to collect.

    Good luck with the phone.

    Joan

    The same thing happened to my car kept at OH parents house and they sleep in front bedroom, ground floor and have the window slightly open due to asthmatic problems. They tried to sell car, failed so burnt it out at bottom of road. Why couldnt they just have left it at the bottom of the road. Never got true value back so financially it hurt a lot!
    Still I suppose glad they didnt try to get into the house.

    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

    Define yourself........

    Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Sorry to read about the dreadful train crash you were in Del and that someone took the opportunity to steal your holiday money after all you had been through!

    Daughter is safe that is the main thing...
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

    Define yourself........

    Harvey Fierstein
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 641
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    delboy wrote:
    Just had a phone call form my daughter who is visiting a friend in London to say she had her phone and wallet stolen while out clubbing last night.

    I absolutely detest the thieving scumbags who steal the property from people who have worked hard to buy stuff and they consider it OK to just relieve them of their property.

    I can keep an eye on the phone using goggle latitude and if they switch it on I shall be calling and offering advice, something along the lines of take it to the nearest police station and report it found or you will get a visit from some very nasty bikers.
    only one answer-chop their thieving hands off :!: :!: :!:
    bit drastic i know but it makes you feel like that
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    It does make you angry and very vulnerable when something like that happens. Hope she can get herself sorted asap.

    Joy
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I was mugged in London once on the escalator. I was in the 'slow' lane and they were in the 'fast' lane. I was miffed. We had just come from a visit to the old bailey and I was not impressed. Took my purse.

    Worst one was in broad daylight, I was only 16, walking home from my Saturday job at 5.00 in the evening, summer time. Some nasty piece of work put a knife to my throat and asked for money. I was frozen, couldn't even move. He asked me again and then some kids came running over the park and he legged it.

    It's why I started smoking (given up for 2 year now though). Frit the living day lights out of me.

    I hope your daughter gets some justice, I hate people who take when they have not earned it.
    _______________________

    Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,303
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    That's why I don't go to London much, it's a 21st century dark Dickensian melting pot cum ghetto these days a bit like Didcot!!.
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,441
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    we had a bike stolen last night, think we must have disterbed them or we would have lost all 3 bikes, they cut the padlock off the gate and cut one of the locks, my space has been violated, its upset the kids big time, they dont feel safe at the best of times

    if i got my hands on them they would never be able to ride a bike again :wink:

    its a sad world we live in when people do steel and hurt people