and another scot says howdy....

katieduk
katieduk Member Posts: 23
edited 2. Sep 2010, 15:59 in Say Hello Archive
:D
Hi everyone.....
My name is Kate, I am 34, married and a research technician at Edinburgh University. On Tuesday I got preliminary results back saying my CCP was above normal so have been referref to Rheumatology at ERI. Didn't think I was too bothered since it seems to be caught nice and early, but then when I told a colleague I found myself getting quite upset about it (doesn't help I am in pain almost constantly at the moment) :x
Can anyone give me an indication on the severity of CCP results? Mine apparently was only 3.8 (normal being 0 - 3) so I am guessing this is not too bad - right? :?
Look forward to getting some great advice from the nice people on here.... :wink:

Comments

• snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Kate welcome to the forum, sorry to hear you are in pain. If you post this on the medical chat someone will be able to answer you.
    Other peeps will be along to welcome you too, come in to c chat and visit Vals caffee everything is cal free there :D

Jules x
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hi katie, what is CCP? I haven't heard of this. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Hi Katie

A warm welcome from me to. I have found this to be such a nice site and very friendly people.

I'm sorry that you are in pain. As Julie has said it is better for you to post on the medical side.

You will be most welcome t join us on the CChat Forum as well. Pop into Val's cafe for a cuppa and a natter. It does help you.

Well I hope to see you posting soon.

Love Trish xxxx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    DD

CCP I think I'm right in saying it means Cyllic Citrullinated Peptide it is found in the blood but I'm not a qualified person.

Trish xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Katie,

A warm welcome from me too.
    I'm not suprised that your emotions are all over the place at the moment. If you need to ask questions or have a rant just post on the LWA forum and we will do all we can to help you.

Be kind to yourself and I hope to see you posting soon.

Lv, Ix