Daughter with JIA

Options
radders
radders Member Posts: 42
edited 15. Sep 2010, 09:13 in Say Hello Archive
Hi, just wanted to introduce myself.

Have just written a monster post in the Young Peoples Section...

My daughter, Betty, has JIA, diagnosed when she was 18 months, she's now 6 years old.

We live with husband/daddy Mike and son/brother Jamie in Essex.

Best wishes

Kath

Comments

• netty78
    netty78 Member Posts: 6
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Kath
    so sorry to hear about ur daughter having to suffer with this illness, My daughter Caitlyn was also diagnosed with Arthritas at 18 mnths old she is now 12 & we are still battling to get this disease under control.
    Its nice to be able to speak to other parents who are also having to cope with their children being in pain :cry:

best wishes

lynette x
  • radders
    Options
    Hi Lynette

Thanks for reply - yes it's a real help speaking to other people with children with the same/similar condition. Have been meaning to post on here for ages - have lurked around reading the posts - taking comfort from the fact that we weren't alone.

Sorry to hear that Caitlyn is still struggling with arthritis, it's so rotten that these kids have got this awful stuff to deal with.

Best wishes
    Kath
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Lynette
    I am so sorry you have had to find us, but you couldnt have come to a better forum.
    I cant imagine what it must be like, when its is your child that has Arthur.
    I imagine it would be easier to handle if you had it.
    There are lots of mums on the young people forum, and they are so lovely at supporting one another.
    I do hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Kath

Welcome to the forums from me too. I see you have already found another Mum to chat to.

I wish you and Betty all the best and anything we can help with please do ask away.

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    welcome i do think to have a child with arther is far worse than having it your self i do hope she getting plenty of help val
    val
  • radders
    Options
    Thanks for greetings and best wishes - it's doing me good being part of all this.
    Kath