whats wrong with me

Options
oneday
oneday Member Posts: 1,434
edited 10. Sep 2010, 13:40 in Community Chit-chat archive
Has anyone had anything like this...as feel..cant go to drs again as seem to always be there....

shoulder been hurting due to sat in a draughty room but arm too, like pain but arm now feels like in a clamp or vice - is this normal i.e. am not having heart attack?!!
not good day at work today, think i am stressed...
then i couldnt remember where the enter key was!! and when i tried to look for it i couldnt see it, i could see but couldnt find it!! -
someone tell me they get these things and its nothing as i sat here thinking got strokes,amnesia or something (apart from usual crazyness!!)

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 9. Sep 2010, 14:38
    Options
    Hi Oneday
    Stress causes al lsorts,if you have had such a bad day at work, maybe you really need to relax, a hot bath and curl up with some music or a book.
    But please go and see your GP if this carrys on, I think quite alot of people worry about keep going to there GP....me being one of them.
    Please let us know how you get on.
    Sending you loads of hugs ((((((())))))
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    If you are able to sit there wondering what's wrong then it's not a stroke or amnesia. If it is your left arm that is hurting than that could - could - indicate a heart attack, or it could indicate indigestion - the two are often confused. If a draught has caused pain then take some painkillers or cuddle a hot water bottle. I always have a pashmina-type thing on me to protect against draughts, so stuff a big scarf in your handbag when you go out. It is difficult not to fret about new hurts - which just makes them worse anyway. Settle down in front of the telly with a lovely cuppa and try to drift away. Could it be hormonal? I've had some great absent-minded moments in the past few years! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • oneday
    Options
    ooh, thank you so much girls, was worrying myself sick there...the thing is because i sort of put up with things e.g. like i was very ill with appendicitis and thinking i am in agony but surely i must be half dead at least before getting it seen to!!...it now makes me think...say i am ignoring something serious like i have done before so now i i think it could be worst than it is.

i feel very wound up about various things at work. also kids back at school and routine of rushing about,packed lunches etc to sort out,feel worn out, then been in draughts and arm kills - which i was putting up with but i get to a limit with pain i.e. when its lasted for a certain length of time i cant stand it anymore..so as well as back problems and rsi this shoulder,neck and arm thing lasting so long made me feel overwhelmed with things.

p.s hope the computer issue wasnt hormonal. It wasnt as though i had forgotton password, it was i couldnt remeber where a key i use all the time had gone, then i couldnt see, as though everything was chinese or foregn to me. hoping pain is due to sitting in draughts,windows wide open etc.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I think we all go through some from of, am I imagine it, but if it carrys on see your GP, aleays better sfe then sorry.
    Take care
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Work stress isn't going to help, nor the return to the old routine of school runs etc etc etc. Give yourself time and be kind to yourself. Make sure you get some time to rest, even if it is sitting on a loo in the Ladies for half-an-hour. Blame constipation - no-one ever knows how to answer that excuse. That's why it's my favourite! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • oneday
    Options
    its nice and peaceful in works loo!

only thing about gp is.... the other thing i have posted( different thread) where one gp not happy i used community nurse service for my son so trying to keep low profile from vistting the gp!
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Is your arm any better yet? It reminded me of the last serious attack I had, that was my arm too. No pain killers worked and my husband found me sobbing in front of the TV at 4am because I couldn't sit, lie or sleep with the pain. Then it went as suddenly as it started!

Nx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    Has anyone had anything like this...as feel..cant go to drs again as seem to always be there....

shoulder been hurting due to sat in a draughty room but arm too, like pain but arm now feels like in a clamp or vice - is this normal i.e. am not having heart attack?!!
    not good day at work today, think i am stressed...
    then i couldnt remember where the enter key was!! and when i tried to look for it i couldnt see it, i could see but couldnt find it!! -
    someone tell me they get these things and its nothing as i sat here thinking got strokes,amnesia or something (apart from usual crazyness!!)

do you suffer with your neck ?? just asking because had trouble with mine and affected my mind was like trying to think through soggy sponge could not string two thoughts together and could not use right arm as muscles had gone into spasam shoulder and base of scull arm felt like was going to fall off fingers went numb so go to doc physio sorted it out works great now and head clear
    val
  • oneday
    Options
    hi all

i do have rsi but current problem with shoulder,neck and arm i was putting down to being in draughts from open windows behind me.
    I can feel shoulder like crunching at back,like the bones, plus it hurts, neck hurts a bit too and arm feeling like clamp, bit like when you are having your blood pressue taken and the strap goes tighter.
    Now thinking is somethin on neck swelled and pressing on nerve or somethingg that made brain goes bit mad yesterday. I was just looking at keyboard and it was as though i didnt know the meaning of the letters!
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    hi all

i do have rsi but current problem with shoulder,neck and arm i was putting down to being in draughts from open windows behind me.
    I can feel shoulder like crunching at back,like the bones, plus it hurts, neck hurts a bit too and arm feeling like clamp, bit like when you are having your blood pressue taken and the strap goes tighter.
    Now thinking is somethin on neck swelled and pressing on nerve or somethingg that made brain goes bit mad yesterday. I was just looking at keyboard and it was as though i didnt know the meaning of the letters!

sounds much like i was you do have to get in touch with doc and get so physio to loosen off muscles that are clenched in neck and shoulder the exercises need to be done layed down it does work (had two different before got one that had had same thing so knew what she was talking about) the first one gave me the funny turn where could not string two thoughts together could not work till properly did not notice val
    val
  • oneday
    Options
    valval wrote:
    oneday wrote:
    hi all

sounds much like i was you do have to get in touch with doc and get so physio to loosen off muscles that are clenched in neck and shoulder the exercises need to be done layed down it does work (had two different before got one that had had same thing so knew what she was talking about) the first one gave me the funny turn where could not string two thoughts together could not work till properly did not notice val

Hi
    I have managed to book doctors, a new one to practise. I dont want to see the one whos told me off for seeing community nurse about my son!. This typing isnt scrolling up so cant see what am typing, hope comes out ok. The thing with my brain was scary. can you describe your arm, mine got bit pins and needles too, i am falling to bits.
  • oneday
    Options
    Been to docs and feel reassured.....
    neck is good old arthur paying a 1st visit...must have travelled up from back, nice one!, shoulder is muscle pain....

weird keyboard malarky - need to go back if happens again as something she wouldnt want to ignore
    so feel mentally much better
  • oneday
    Options
    BC!!!