New to the forum

Options
maggiemay
maggiemay Member Posts: 122
edited 10. Sep 2010, 14:00 in Say Hello Archive
Hi All

Just got diagnosed this morning with having Osteoarthritis :? Im going to take it in my stride as with other things.
Only thing that is going to annoy me is when the pain gets really bad, not being able to walk the dogs as much.
So talking to other folk with the same probs will be good

Regards
Maggiemay

Comments

• maggiemay
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    maggiemay wrote:
    Hi All

Just got diagnosed this morning with having Osteoarthritis :? Im going to take it in my stride as with other things.
    Only thing that is going to annoy me is when the pain gets really bad, not being able to walk the dogs as much.
    So talking to other folk with the same probs will be good

Regards
    Maggiemay

Forgot to say a little about myself im 48, active was married with 3 grown up daughters 2 adorable grandkids a wee boy and a wee girl, worked on the farm all my days, up untill 6yrs ago, a Scots woman living in N.Ireland now. Got a great partner who is supportive but has taken the news worst than I have about the Osteoarthritis typical man, well typical of some men, (Only Joking Lads) wicked sense of humour which I know I wont lose. And I hope to get some good info from you all.
    Thats it now :D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh maggie I couldn't have trieeeed, any mooooore! That's it, tune is now fixed in my brain - cheers!

You have come to the right place, there are many OA people around here who will be able to help. I am so sorry, what a shock for you and for the OH. The ostrich approach taken by the supportive male is a well-known thing for some of us - I blame the fact that they feel helpless, that they cannot do the 'boy' thing of 'this is the problem, this action will fix it' which is how most males function. You will find arthritis matters on the LWA forum, chitchat is more general. Most people tend to hang around those two firums, so post any questions and problems there - you will get replies. I have PA (psoriatic arthritis) so cannot help on OA things, but I have learned a great deal from the forums and am never afraid to give an opinion! I hope you are having a better day today and it's nice to meet you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • maggiemay
    Options
    Thanks DD

Im having a good day today , thinking of going swimming later on I love relaxing in the pool and thinking of nothing, which is what I normaly do (Think Of Nothing) haha

So will head of have a shower and get things ready for later.
    Cheers
    Maggiemay :D
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Maggiemay
    You will fit in nicely with everyone on here, I am sorry you had to find us, but glad you did.
    Everyone are so supportive and friendly, anything you need to know just ask in LWA, and when you are ready come and join us in chit chat...we have a cafe with calorie free food :)
    Hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • maggiemay
    Options
    Hi Barbara12

It was actualy my Dr who suggested me going online,
    she said
    "there are only certain things I can say and do, but if you can talk to others with the same Problem, they will help you more and also passing on info to your care provider helps us as Drs understand patients more"

Which I thought was fair enough.
    CALORIE FREE
    Where the fun in that,
    Love my creamy Donoughts, Choc Eclaires and Jelly Babies, I WISH.
    Will Join in later
    Regards
    Maggiemay
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    hi maggiemay, welcome to the group, im fairly new at this OA stuff also but there is loads of help advice and laughs her the others are great, look forward to catching up with you on the boards xx

coco xx