Hello all from a newbie

margalot
margalot Member Posts: 7
edited 14. Sep 2010, 17:35 in Say Hello Archive
Hi all,

I am a complete newbie to all this and still need to adjust to my diagnosis! I have recently turned 40 have 2 teenage children a wonderful OH, work full time for our company (admin) and keep 4 chickens (perfect therapy for me - others think I am bonkers!)

I am currently under our local rheumy dept who have diagnosed sero-negative polyarthritis or Psoratic arthritis. It started with what the doctor thought was fallen arches in my feet last Christmas and has now been followed through to the above. I am having trouble admitting this to myself and still think they may be barking up the wrong tree. My family think I am in self-denial and should just accept what they are telling me. But after reading up on things I dont think I am experiencing enough pain to warrant all the drugs they want to put me on? I have joint pain in my left knee, right elbow, right wrist. My feet ache and hurt at varying levels and lately I have noticed my neck or base of skull is sore. I have been on Sulphasalazine since end of June and thankfully have no side effects. Anyway Hi all and will post more when used to the forum :D

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi margalot
    And a very warm welcome from me.
    You seen to have a very good GP, some people on here have waited such a long time to be diagnosed.
    You will go thought all soughts of emotions, but you have come to the right forum, any questions you have post on LWA, and there is the helpline team, we also have chit chat for light relief, everyone are so supportive .
    I hope to see you posting more very soon.
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    Hi Margalot

Welcome to our forum! You will get lots of support and advice here. My thinking is that rheumy will start treatment much earlier these days to reduce damage and hit it hard. It is the way to go now with the treatments.

I am almost 39, have RA (15yrs) and I also have 6 chickens! Everyone goes, ooh have you as though you are mad. We find it relaxing like you.

Look forward to seeing you around!

Janie
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    hi margalot

welcome to the best place around, make yourself at home, pop in the cafe for a cuppa, everyone is friendly and understanding.

hope to see you about

coco xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi marg

welcome offically from me (we met on LWA already) :)

I hope you will find this site as helpful as i ahev \and that you let us support you while you get everything sorted out.

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi welcome the meds are to stop damage that will cause lots of pain so be thankfull they are on there toes we all tried to manage with out meds and only take the minimum we have to but listen to what they advise that what they there for but should listen to what you telling them val
    val