Bury.. ( not the St Edmunds one ) is worth a visit

Options
oneday
oneday Member Posts: 1,434
edited 12. Sep 2010, 13:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi Alan....
keep thinking i will go to bed in a minute but keep seeing interesting threads!

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Well said, Alan. I haven't been to Bury, but it's good to know about. You often get a pleasant surprise when you visit somewhere like that for the first time. I live in Derbyshire, and the city of Derby has much improved in recent years. We have a huge new Westfield shopping centre, cinemas, theatres, bars and restaurants, and a new arts centre which is brilliant. Also, you won't find more friendly people anywhere.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    have called in there on way to manchester and it was lovely but a few years ago val
    val
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    AND, the best black pudding in the world!!

I`m going out for Sunday lunch, and to start I always have Bury black pudding, served on a rosti, and smothered in peppercorn sauce..... See ya!......Ange.x.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    HI Alan, glad you were pleasantly surprised. Great when designers/architects get it right. As you say, sounds worth a visit.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Alan
    I love going shopping to Bury, we go around once a month, the new shopping centre is really impressive.
    Like you say the market, and the town centre are brilliant, we are not far away, around 10 miles.
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    50 years ago went out with a gorgeos girl from Bury South Cross Street if it's still there Loved her loved the town :roll: :roll: