granddaughters got a job

Options
daylily
daylily Member Posts: 619
edited 12. Sep 2010, 12:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi, had to tell someone :!: :!:
my beautiful grandaughter has just got her 1st job.
She's been to College for 2 years doing accountancy and they told her to get some practical work for a year.
That was 18months ago.
She's been working in Morrisons part-time for some money and now she's got a job. :D:D:D
I'm over moon cos she was losing confidence and getting really fed up.
It's not easy out there for the young uns

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Daylily
    What lovely news, you must be so proud, give her a big hug (sure you have already) Its such a worry these days getting work, she has done so well .
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    this is such great news thankyou for sharing with us you should be so proud of her. it not easy but she did it and also did not take the easy way out and sign on but worked even at job that was not her first choice ,shows she level headed and well bought up young lady you should be so proud of her val
    val
  • daylily
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Oh Daylily
    What lovely news, you must be so proud, give her a big hug (sure you have already) Its such a worry these days getting work, she has done so well .
    Love
    Barbara xx

I'M FIT TO BURST WITH PRIDE :D:D:D
  • daylily
    Options
    valval wrote:
    this is such great news thankyou for sharing with us you should be so proud of her. it not easy but she did it and also did not take the easy way out and sign on but worked even at job that was not her first choice ,shows she level headed and well bought up young lady you should be so proud of her val

working in Morrisons did her good actually cos she was quite shy and it's worked wonders for her confidence. She's been on deli/fish counters and lately in cafe.
    It all helps
    She hated smelly fish counter :!: :!:
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,485
    Options
    Many many congtratulations to her Daylily

I am very very pleased.

I hope she is very happy :)

Love

Toni x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    daylily wrote:
    valval wrote:
    ,shows she level headed and well bought up young lady you should be so proud of her val

working in Morrisons did her good actually cos she was quite shy and it's worked wonders for her confidence. She's been on deli/fish counters and lately in cafe.
    It all helps
    She hated smelly fish counter :!: :!:

also if you are working already it does help getting a job when you unemployed it much harder she did well
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That is lovely news, daylily. When does she start? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daylily
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    That is lovely news, daylily. When does she start? DD

20th this month. She says she's very nervous which is understandable.
    She's done a dummy run on the train to Manchester and the tram from there to work so she knows how long it will take. Luckily the train station is only a few hundred yards from home.
    The moneys not bad for a first job either so I hope she likes it- she's not a quitter anyway.
    anne
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Everyone is nervous before a new beginning - by day 3 she will feel as tho she has always been there! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben