Recycled teenagers

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 14. Sep 2010, 16:06 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

Are you a recycled teenager like me :?: I intend to grow old disgracefully, spend the kids' inheritance, live life to the full, and stay young at heart. I think there is some truth in the saying that inside every older person there’s a young person wondering what happened, but it's never too late to become a recycled teenager. Here's a few things to remember:

The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.

Most of us spend our lives as if we had another one in the bank.

You do not stop playing games because you are growing old; you grow old because you stop playing games.

Do not regret growing older, it is a privilege denied to many.

You can’t turn back the clock, but you can wind it up again.

Success comes in cans; not can’ts.

Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day.

If you woke up breathing, congratulations - you have another chance.

It’s not the things you do that you regret - it’s the things you don’t do

The most damaging stereotypes of older people are those held by themselves, because those stereotypes have a habit of becoming self-fulfilling prophecies.

It’s never too late to have a happy childhood.

Joan :D
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Joan

Another one of your observations I like this one.

I never feel older than I did years ago. I always said one thing to my boys take the T out of can't and you can. It went a very long way with both of them and the men they became.

I try to live life to the full in my own ways, I try not to moan, mope or feel sorry for myself. Sometimes it can be hard. I have travelled when well enough.

I like to laugh also keep my mind occupied too.

I like your wisdom very much and good luck to you enjoying your life.

Love Trish xxx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    like this it the way i try to live my life as i often say life to short to put off to tomorrow something you would love to do today :D:D:D:D you never know what tomorrow will bring i love christmas it brings the child to the front :D:D:D:D
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options
    Hi Joan

very good! excellent philosophy there :)

Thank you very much - I needed that :D

Love

Toni xx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    I don't have to recycle my childhood or teenage years because I never actually left them :shock: Everyone should try it, it's great fun!

Nx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Trisher, Val, and Toni. Thank you, and I'm glad you liked it.

Nina, I definitely feel like a recycled teenager when I meet up with you and your family. Your girls would make anyone feel young at heart. :D
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Couldn't agree more, but don't think I've been recyled.......I'm permanently 18 in my head!

Annie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Good for you, Annie :!: :D I think that having a good sense of humour is a key ingredient of staying young, and you always make me smile.

I think that I am recycled because when I was young, I spent too much time worrying about things which didn't really matter. Now, I have a better grasp of what is really important, and my aim is to enjoy life to the full.

Life is journey, not a destination.

Enjoy each moment.

Enjoy life now.

Don’t miss the blue skies by waiting for the sunset.

Joan :D
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    So very true. I've learned as I've got "older" (I'm the grand old age of nearly 34), not to worry or stress about things I can't change.

It's also true when they say, if someone upsets you, it's YOUR problem for being upset/angry. You can't change the other person, you have to change your reaction to the situation.

I got sent this by text today by a friend who's fond of sending allsorts of cr@p by text and email and I normally delete most of them, but this one rang so true: don't fret and worry about the rain, happy people learn to dance in it.

Nx

PS - We don't notice yours or your hubby's age when we see you, Joan, you're fast becoming one of my best friends and I don't care about the age gap :D
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Thank you, Nina, that is very sweet of you.

I think you are right about the importance of attitude. Another saying is: ‘Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.’