Options
2»

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,486
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :

I've come to the conclusion that breaking loo seats can be classed as a symptom of having arthur.

Luv Legs :D[/quote]

Now I like this!! Part of your diagnosis - forget your bloods and MRIs - how many loo seats have you broken?? :lol:

Trsiher - you were very funny but I am glad you got off ok in the end :shock:

Love

Toni xx
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hey Legs

Have you tried those loo seats that are perspex some have designs on such as bubbles/barbed wire/pebbles...Okay might not be to your taste but they are sturdier than normal ones, i have found and I aint got a teeny ****!!!!
    I felt guilty at weekend cos crappy camp bed I slept in one of the wooden slats cracked but everyone said it wasnt my weight but it dont feel like that!!!

Elainex
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Elaine,

We have one of the perspex ones on the downstairs loo, it's got shell decoration on so I like them they're pretty. That ones about 4 months old so that has to stand the test of time yet.

Hubby says the problem is the fixing at the back as nowadays they don't give you much thread to screw down and make a secure enough fixing. Hence when a girl needs to use loo roll and needs to swivel on the seat this strains the fixing which eventually breaks.

We're now looking at suppliers to hotels and leisure centres because they have to be more robust to suite everyone's needs. I have just found a nice one on line for £205 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Sorry about your the camp bed hope you didn't get splinters :wink:

Luv Legs :lol:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Hi Legs

Well my old one from a flat I rented went to my hairdresser, sounds silly but she wanted it and i hadnt a use for it anymore really...It had bubbles on it blue and clear.....
    yeah my dad says the ones that have a bar right across them are better than the ones with two fixings....I always feel like Nelly The Elephant mind when it happens to me on the throne or in camp bed!!!! I havent any splinters but it wasnt the best of beds, from ARgos supposed to be an adult guest bed but hey!!!
    £205 seems steep have you shopped around, I think thats what the net is brill for...
    Good Luck and happy sitting, keep steady, take stabilisers!!!!!

Elainex
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    try a plumbers merchant or someone like heatandplumb online - the plumbers merchant may also be able to advise you of what is the best one within budget...the good thing about the more expensive ones is they come with a guarantee!
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Thanks Elaine and Chrissie.

Lynn you've upset the mods you norty girl - you must let me into the secret :wink:

Luv Legs XX
    Love, Legs x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Legs, this one looks the business (oops - unfortunate pun there, sorry) :? :oops:

[Text Deleted]

Might be a bit tricky finding one in this country though - a little challenge for you :D

Love, Lynn xxx

*This message did not comply with the forum terms and conditions and has been edited by a moderatorIA

Why ? tell us what she said :)
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Trish and I now need a PM you realise Lynn :lol::lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x
  • trisher
    Options
    Legs

WE do come on Lynn spill the beans
  • lindalegs
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Legs

WE do come on Lynn spill the beans

Maybe she's slid off a loo seat and spilt the beans already Trish :wink:

We're waiting Lynn.
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Thanks Lynn PM duly received :wink: I havee gotta go ......to bed now :lol:

Night night all
    Love, Legs x
  • trisher
    Options
    Awe Lynn :shock: 'Well I never :shock:

Bet thy had a good giggle
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Hi Linda,

It is definately the rubbish fixings they provide nowadays. The last seat we bought has lasted well but I treat it with care as so fed up with the number of seat replacements we have had to replace. Since having my hip done I am more able to lower myself carefully but understand that isnt always possible!
    Beds are the same! The fixings are rubbish on my sons newish bed so we have to wedge books and pillows down the gap to stop it collapsing. And a chair from the same company- the top falls off the bottom. It is one of those spinning computer seats but it just falls off and it is so heavy! All down to inefficient fixings.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • lindalegs
    Options
    A nightmare isn't it Elizabeth :roll:

......and to keep you all posted as promised.

I now have my new toilet seat :D:D:D

Sonata it's called and we bought it from our local plumbing merchants telling them we wanted a seat that was robust and why. :oops: They supply this make for all council houses, offices, leisure centres, etc

We bought a special stainless steel bar fitting which should make it very secure.

Seat cost £22.35
    Bar fitting cost £15.00

The name of the shop we got it from is Willbonds but I think they're local to Nottingham (though they do have a website) but if you look at plumbing merchants on the Net or Yellow Pages you should find the equivalent in your area.

Hope this helps all my fellow seat breakers out there.

Luv Legs who's off to use the loo :wink:
    Love, Legs x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Legs,

Its taken me all this time to say... I do the same :oops: its cus we have mobility issues and they don't like he twist bit..... :shock: ((( ))) and luv Cris who is off to town now clutching her embarrassment.... xx
  • lindalegs
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Legs,

Its taken me all this time to say... I do the same :oops: its cus we have mobility issues and they don't like he twist bit..... :shock: ((( ))) and luv Cris who is off to town now clutching her embarrassment.... xx

:lol::lol::lol: Does that mean you're clutching your bottom or the seat? :wink:

Join the club Cris

Luv Legs :lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Legs,

...... Both :lol::lol::lol: Hey the thicker wooden ones last longer..... I think..... cus I wouldn't know :oops: :oops: :lol::lol: ((( ))) Luv Cris who really must get one... xx