Annie's update

Options
2»

Comments

• anniesmum
    anniesmum Member Posts: 102
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi everyone- cam back from Spain on Monday exhausted as too little sleep - woops but rejeuvinated in other ways from having such a lovely break. Lots of laughing and sunbathing. Annie was on really good form while I was away(thank goodness, otherwise I would have over loaded on guilt). More surprisingly they all managed perfectly well without me - I knew I liked to over egg my own self importance.

Since returning Annie has had a cold and ended up too poorly for school on fri with arthritis taking advantage of her being low. Her temperature was up - not sure wether due to Systemic JIA temperature or her cold. She has been complaining of kneck ache again, the other leg now hurting and generally looking pale with big black bags. Poor baby - day off abut still tired and teary today.

Really hard - when you see your healthy happy child for a couple of weeks you just realise what arthur takes out of them.

Back to see Dr Wood on Tuesday so we'll see what he thinks - hopefully this is a blip and we can continue to lower steroids without adding anything else in to the drug mix.

Hope you are all doing ok at the moment - is it me or is this weather affecting everyone.....?

Take care and have a happy weekend.

Lucy
  • lare73
    lare73 Member Posts: 154
    Options
    hi lucy, glad you had a nicer time away, and that annie was on good form.
    it seems nothing lasts lately and poor annie is suffering again. :(

i hope dr wood is helpful and helps make annie comfortable again.

i hate this disease as it lulls you into a false sense of security, our children seem to be improving then wham, here we go again.

good luck and keep warm :)

clare x
  • littlemummy2
    littlemummy2 Member Posts: 91
    Options
    Hi anniesmumk, sorry it took so long to answer couldn't find where i asked about dr wood. Phoebe was diagnosed with JIA in may 2007 she was really bad to start with at the moment only her thumb lloks swollen but her teacher pulled me one day a coulpe of week ago saying phoebe was complaining of her hips hurting. So on 21st she is having thumb injected and also going to have an ultra sound.
    She ws on methotrexate but dr wood took her off it because she got so scared of needles she'd scream and cry. She'll have had it 4 yrs next may. She should be fine now but with all flareups i think she's stuck with.

Hope everything okay at your end.

Michelle x
  • anniesmum
    anniesmum Member Posts: 102
    Options
    We went back to see consultant on Tuesday and another waiting game for Annie. Good news that none of her joints are inflammed but blood results show increased levels of inflammation so think we will back in for another test in a months time - check wether this is from a cold or the mtx not doing its job and wether the inflammtion is due to Systemic JIA. We still may have to add something else into the drug mix. Annie is a bit better this week - just very tired.

On a positive note - I have been decorating which means the computer has had to be moved and now in an awkward spot.

I have been thinking of you all.
    Lucy
  • littlemummy2
    littlemummy2 Member Posts: 91
    Options
    Poor thing it's right though that just when you think they are doing fine and recovering something else hits and your back to square one, I hope that annie and yourself gets some good news soon take care.
    Michelle x