Going back to work

Options
denpen
denpen Member Posts: 389
Hi
Well I have been off 5 months after having THR and I am going back on monday, I am not looking forward to it I am quite nervous and I am not sure I am fit enough as I still cant walk properly, but I will give it a go and the job doesnt entail any walking anyway, Manager is ringing me this week with details of hours.
So will see how I go!!!!!!
Denise

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good luck Denise

I am hopefully going back myself in 2 weeks, depending if GP is happy. I know how you feel about going back, can I cope, can I manage the pain. Will everyone be alright with me? I've been off nearly 5 months too.

Are you going back on a phased return?
    That would be better for you,gives you time to get used to working again.

Take care

Janie
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    Good luck to you both. I went back on a phased return after 4 months post THR. Make sure you can have a walk and stretch your legs regularly, and have a suitable seat. I did feel quite tired too.
    Hope it goes well xx
    NB
  • denpen
    Options
    Hi
    Yes I am going back on a phased return (although I only work 20 hrs a week) my gp also asked for amended duties i.e no lifting/carrying/dragging, I will wait and see what she says when I speak to her, I cant imagine she will be too happy as she keeps telling me that I have to be physically fit to do the job, anyway time will tell.
    Denise
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Denise,

I can understand your apprehension - this will be me in a few weeks.

How are you structuring your phased return?

I too am concerned about being exhausted at the end of the day, not being able to have a rest/quick lie down/sit somewhere comfy before carrying on again. Moving about often enough is just as important too. Not to mention not being used to the whole routine and need to be so organised again!

Remind me what you do again.

SPeedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • denpen
    Options
    Hi Speedy
    I work in a shop so I stand all the time, we have to bring in deliveries that come in plastic totes full of clothes, If we have a helpful driver he will bring them into the stockroom for us, but if not we have to left them off the pallet into the stockroom then we have to get them into the shop from the stockroom which means carrying or dragging them, empty them then hang and put out.
    I only work 20 hrs a week 4 days 5hr shifts, I am going back on Thurs, Fri, Sat for 3 hrs per day and taking holidays for the remaining hrs, she has put me down for the same shorter hrs for the next few weeks, she is also doing a risk assessment on me.
    But I am applying for another job as we speak.
    Denise