just watched

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 16. Sep 2010, 05:07 in Community Chit-chat archive
hi can not remember what it was called as did not watch from the begining a program about celebritys who are in there 70 and 80s who have health problems and the improvement they made when no one was running around after them and helping where help was not needed.
then they fetched carers in and half reverted back to letting others do every thing from putting socks on and fetch and carry for them they had made so much progress then just reverted back. it does show that you need to keep doing as much as you can it is a matter of use it or loose it val
val

Comments

• roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Val,

Its called The Young Ones. Interesting prog but i think some were functioning better because they had the company . if i was put with that wallpaper and carpet it would have made me feel ill :(

Rose x
  • valval
    Options
    i remember the wall paper it was interesting about how we think we can not do things and convince our selves it all to do with loss of confidance we also have to take care not to loose our confidance and will to fight val
    val
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Val

I didn't see the programme, but you are right in saying it is a matter of use it or loose it I think we are all probably more capable than we think, and we can surprise ourselves sometimes as to what we can achieve with determination and a positive attitude.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Just a week Rehab ?

E x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • valval
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Val

I didn't see the programme, but you are right in saying it is a matter of use it or loose it I think we are all probably more capable than we think, and we can surprise ourselves sometimes as to what we can achieve with determination and a positive attitude.

Joan
    Interesting quote Joan...use it or loose itI must have a word with Dementia my beloved it has been nearly a week now............... :shock:

since she made you cup of tea
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Nice one, valval.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben