It's a boy!

Options
joanlawson
joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
edited 17. Sep 2010, 11:34 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi

I just saw that Jamie Oliver's wife has given birth to a boy. Isn't he sweet? Ahhhh, I love babies! I think he looks like his Dad ( in the black and white photo, not the one showing his bottom! )

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1312377/Jamie-Oliver-wife-Jools-welcome-baby-boy-Buddy.html

It's lovely that they now have a son as well as three daughters. I smiled when I saw that his name is to be Buddy. I used to teach a boy named Buddy, and the following year I taught his sister, Holly. No prizes for guessing who their parents' favourite singer was :D

Joan :D
c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    How wonderful. I remember how I felt when baby no.5 was a girl. i was certain it was a boy all the way through and wouldnt believe them when they told me it was a baby girl.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    Ah!

Bit of nice news :)

if he is a boy he is going to be spoiled by big sis' :shock:

Love

Toni xx

Mine all girls and I wouldnt change a one of 'em :wink:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    How wonderful. I remember how I felt when baby no.5 was a girl. i was certain it was a boy all the way through and wouldnt believe them when they told me it was a baby girl.

Elizabeth

Baby no.5, Elizabeth :!: :!: :shock: Phew :!: Well done :!: How many of each sort have you got :?:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Joan not one of my 5 was planned! I never wanted any but so glad I did. I had 2 girls with hubby no 1, then a long gap and 2 boys with my next partner. Both boys were diagnosed autistic so the thought of a 3rd son, likely to be autistic as it seems to be geneticly linked (boys have a higher possibility of autism than girls) was worrying me and how I would cope being ill with 3 autistic children. Also had R.A so concerned about all the issues of pregnancy, care and babies health. I just selfishly hoped for a girl but convinced it was a boy.
    Joan did you expect to get twins ? Were you given lots of notice of their arrival? Hope you dont mind me asking.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth

I think it is wonderful that you have got a large family, and I am envious of you. I have a very strong maternal instinct, and always imagined that I would have three or four children, but sadly, it wasn't to be. However, it was like winning the lottery 3X over when we were lucky enough to be able to adopt our twins ( a son and a daughter ) at only 8 weeks old.

We had only been on the waiting list for a month, and had been told that we might have to wait for two years or more. Of course, we were only expecting it to be one baby. Then out of the blue, we were told about the twins, and asked if we could have them home within a week!! You can imagine the panic which ensued!! I had to rush out and buy everything for a babyX 2, and then I became an instant mother, without a clue as to how to cope with two babies and only one set of hands! Somehow, I muddled through, and the babies grew up to be the lovely son and daughter they now are.
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Sweet :) but girls are best :D

Nx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    Sweet :) but girls are best :D

Nx

I got girls too Nina :wink:

Have to agree
  • ninakang
    Options
    I know you have girls too, Toni - they're just brill, aren't they? Fellow conspirators to increase the number of pairs of shoes in our house :D

Nx
  • maggiemay
    maggiemay Member Posts: 122
    Options
    What Girls are best!!!!!!!!

Hey you lot you must have had angels, now dont get me wrong my girls (3) I love them to bits but

I would have swopped them for a football team of boys, Being in the country working on the farm and having the girls they were total horrors not in a bad way, they would have been doing tomboy things,

especialy the middle one, climbing the trees getting stuck by her backside, me going up to rescue her, then as i got up the tree, she got herself unstuck, then falling out of the tree.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH those were the days, when you think about it, would love them to come back again they were fun.
    Mags

ps Children are great no matter what sex they are
    :D
  • ninakang
    Options
    Mags

Mine get into allsorts of scrapes like that too, they're always outdoors when the weather is good. I don't have to worry about where because I can usually hear them!

My husband is outnumbered in our house, living with 4 women, but he loves it really because they're all Daddy's girls - he's such a pushover and they have wrapped around their little fingers!

Nx