Sorry I've not been around

Options
joyful164
joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
edited 18. Sep 2010, 02:27 in Community Chit-chat archive
I really do apologise for not being around much. Things are hotting up with the forthcoming art exhibition. It's my second one and I am getting so much support from Philip Brooks-Stephenson. He sounds a really nice person and I am looking forward to meeting him on the 2nd October.
Hopefully, we shall have the papers, tv and the mayor there to get things going. At least it gets my name known - that's what art is all about really. Once people get use to your name and start taking notice then the rest will come, hopefully - probably when I am dead, like Monet and Turner.

Last few days was spent with Grandchildren whilst Mum and Dad were away in USA. My son in law has been on a panel for one of the X Factor auditions.He doesn't get paid for it, but they pay for his and my daughter's flight and hotel. After his intervention, they go on to the next stage.

I am trying to get some pictures finished ready for the framer, my husband thankfully. Running short of time for my usual framer so thankfully hubby is getting quite good at it.

We are showing at the Ibis Hotel, Enstone Court, Wellingborough NN8 2DR on 2nd October for 2 days, so if you can come along, especially on the Saturday morning, lovely to see you.
10% of sales go to Arthritis Care.

Joy

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Joy,

Its too for for me to come but I do so hope it goes well.

You will get it all finished, I know it doesn't seem like it just now but its will all be fine.

I so wish I could make the trip but sending every good luck and a ((( ))) Cris xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    Options
    Ooh Joy

the x-factor!!! does that make you famous.....??? :wink:

The exhibitions sounds wonderful - I am so impressed and think it is great that 10% is going to A/C - couldnt be a more worthy cause :D

Well done you - wish you were nearer.

Love

Toni xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,945
    Options
    Hi Joy.
    you are famous you are you.there's only one of you.
    good luck with your picture's and your son on the x factor.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • joyful164
    Options
    Hi. I'm back
    what an afternoon it has been
    Thanks for the good wishes. I know that many of you do live too far away. I have now decided to try and get invites and letters sent to all the GP practices in the vicinity in the hope I can get some interest from them, if only for the AC bit.
    Breaking news then. Hubby comes back from his appt at the Cardiovascular clinic and I knew that I should have gone with him.
    I was going to but with so much to do, we both thought the appt would be a waste of time like many of the previous ones, but no, the news we have been waiting for since his heart attack 8 yrs ago in Italy. Firstly, they want to try and fit a new valve because the blood has been leaking for a long time. It is basically going to be a triple bypass. Has anyone else had this done?

My brain has begun to go into overload now thinking of all the things that could go wrong. OMG I thought, my dad died when he was 70 and hubby is 70 on the 27th Sept. He was cutting the high hedges this morning. We have just driven round Norway. He forgot to tell the consultant that of course. He has to go in for an angigram asap. He's had his swabs done
    So it could all happen anytime now couldn't it.

Joy
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    OH Joy what a time you are both having :shock:

it is bound to be a shock, but at least they know what to do to help your hubby, and perhaps not having too much notice isn't all bad .... not too much time to panic and worry. (who am I kidding :? :wink: )

sending you both soft and squashy wonky hugs ((((())))))
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Joy

You do sound busy getting your exhibition ready, and I hope it will be a great success for you.

Both my friend and my son-in-law's father have had triple bypass operations years ago, and in both cases it gave them a new lease of life. They are both now in their late 80's, and still going strong, so I'm sure your husband will be the same. Good luck to both of you for the exhibition, and also the heart op.

Joan :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Joy

My father had to have a quadruple one done. I was in hospital myself when he had it done so as soon as he came back ti ITU I was taken there by a nurse.

The drips and tubes look horrible to some people but I did not think he looked too bad. It depends how you are about it. They do warn you before you go in.

He was on a breathing machine for a few days and then taken to a Cornary Care Unit. He was well enough to go home after 10 days.

Then he gradually did a little more each day. He made a complete recovery.

Love Trish xxxx
  • joyful164
    Options
    Hi Everyone, hello Trish.
    Thanks for your messages. I'm sure you are right and it will certainly give Jim a new lease of life. As it is, he does tire extremely easy. I'm amazed we managed to get round Norway, so to have the bypass done now whilst he is relatively fit will be the best. This is what the consultant says. He doesn't want to wait until Jim gets poorly.
    Bless him, he is making frames for my pictures and he has made a browser to put the odd pictures in. It looks like a piece of antique furniture. For those who do not know what a browser is, imagine an oversize magazine rack on longer legs. Sometimes, the pictures which you do not feel good enough to frame or even practice pieces of art, will sometimes sell. Instead of putting a high price on them you normally sell them for £12 - £20.
    I am getting some wonderful support from Philip who is from AC. He has some good contacts and is going to arrange an interview in the local paper and radio. I can't thank him enough. It will help to make more people aware of how many forms of Arthritis there are and how AC can help. I just hope I can sell enough this year to make it all worthwhile.
    I am off soon, for my Saturday workshop. Hope to get another picture finished, which may end up being a present for my daughter. As she tends to turn her nose up at a lot of things that I do, maybe not. It's awful to have to say that isn't it?

Joy