Women who drink with pint pots in pubs

Options
daylily
daylily Member Posts: 619
edited 22. Sep 2010, 09:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
I don't know why, and I don't know if it's P.C., or what, but I just wondered what women who don't drink pints of say, Lager, thought of women who do........ if you know what I mean.
I could remember even in the 70's , any woman drinking a pint would be looked at very, very strangely.
I am not bothered anyway, because I couldn't drink much anyway,( real lightweight).
Whats your opinion. Alanmancunian

don't like it at all. Sooner see ladies with half pint glass. Don't ask me why.

Comments

• penfactor
    penfactor Member Posts: 366
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    We were just watching Al Murray the Pub Landlord on Dave & this really reminds me of him! .."& a small glass of white wine for the ladies!"
    I can't lift those big old-fashioned pint pots, personally & they are so thick they ruin your lippy!
    I can't drink much any more but I do prefer wine in a glass with an elegant stem if I do!
    Pennie :-)
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    to be honest it the bear belly that a put off not the pint pot i do not drink pints can not lift them and feel uncomphy with one in my hand i do not mind others having one and very rarely notice unless they have had one to many then you notice val
    val
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    I very rarely drink but in my clubbing days i would drink out a pint glass as it;s cheaper than 2 half pints. My pint would last a lot longer than the fellas though!
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Would those who disaprove of a woman dringing acohol out of a pint glass be of the same mind if it was for example, coke?

Is the problem really about the content and not the glass?

personally it's the glass. I know it's not supposed to matter but it seems very unfeminine to me.
    All this trying to be like the men-What for :?: :?:
    Vive la differance :!: :!:
    I like being a woman.
    Nobody is better than anyone else-just wonderfully different. :):)
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    Options
    I'd have to go to a pub to notice but I don't do pubs now. Haven't been to one in years for a night out, just the ones you can eat at occasionally.

I used to drink pints, but mine were cider and black. I went through a phase of drinking weird coloured liqueurs because they looked funny, then that 20/20 stuff that tasted like bleach, you got it in a bottle like a small vodka bottle and it used to burn your insides out.

But nothing beats a good old fashioned glass of scrumpy! I've no preference for women drinking out of pint glasses particularly. I think it's how they end up these days that makes me sad. Sat slumped on pavements having thrown up all over themselves and their mates, short skirts showing their pants, ending up in the sack with some random stranger they picked up not knowing if they would be safe.

We drink more as a nation and a lot of the clubbers out there don't see an issue with binge drinking, be it in a pint glass or in a bottle.

Right, off my soap box now!! :lol:

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    I have never drunk a pint of beer or lager and can only manage a small bottle of cider at best and only on very rare occassions. I know loads of girls who drink pints and just cannot understand it. I mean it is foul tasting and loads of extra, unecessary calories!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    years ago when i went out to pubs i was a beer drinker, usually a newcastle brown out the bottle!! but thats because it was the drink of choice for us rockers!! my drink of choice would be a pint of real ale in a pint glass. but i'm not very lady like!!
    sue
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    I, when younger, used to drink halves but they work out dearer for two than a pint. Nowadays you end up with just the bottle!...depends where i am..if in a posh place would ask for glass to go with bottle or have a half - if in normal ish place have bottle or a pint! - getting older so couldnt give a monkeys!
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    If I was thirsty enough to want a pint of drink - I'd ask for a straw no way could I lift that glass and I don't think I'd want to either :wink:

Luv Legs :lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    I thorougly disapprove of women drinking lager out of pint pots!!!But real ale that's different It should be compulsory :shock:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    I always drank pints of lager, bitter and Guiness but have got out of the habit in the last few years. Tend to drink wine now, a large one of course :wink::(

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    Usually depends how thirsty I am as to what i'm drinking out of. I used to be a big fan of a pint of Guiness - which is about the only thing that raised an eyebrow, as I'm a tidly and petit 4'11 and for many years looked barely legal!!!
    I now rarely drink a pint but thats more to do with the quality of the lager and the need to pee mid way through :oops:
    So tend to stick to G&T's when out or if they've got it a decent glass of wine.
    I have never had a problem with what people drink out of as long as they can handle it ....fall down drunk is never a good look, although Sat night up here is definitly an eye opener (Newcastle), most of that is theses stupied alcoholic pop things or cheap shots rather than pints tho.
    Chrissie
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Lager is better out of the bottle. No, for real ale there is no alternative and I would suggest that those women who drink real ale are not the ones to be found flashing their underwear whilst vomiting down the back of the beau-for-the-night. I do worry about the ones that are, tho. It's not a good look or a good habit. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    If I could safely grip a full pint glass then I'd drink one. Then I wouldn't have to go to the bar so often. As it is, these days I barely drink more than a glass of wine with a meal.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hey you, long time no see. How are things? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben