just poped in for a chat!

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 19. Sep 2010, 09:12 in Community Chit-chat archive
Right we all know who's come to play in this multicutural 3rd world country this week ie Mr Pope no less, now there he was all over the news last night being driven around in his armour plated Pope mobile when I got to thinking, now he is said to be gods representitive on Earth so if that's the case why does he need or want all the security, surely his dear old mate "God" can afford to cloak him in a spritual safety bubble where no harm can come to him can't he!?, it would be difinitive proof of his conetcion to the big guy wouldn't it!!, unless the big man is just a figmant of his and all his followers imagination, and I haven't even mentioned all th other
Religions who also claim their god is better than all the other regular run of the mill ones everyone else on this planet belive in. Unless!????, gasp!!!!, he doesn't!!!!???dare I say it?, exist!!! Oh that's me banished to some firery pit of enertnal doom probably in Didcot!!, but hey at least I wont have to worry about keeping warm!. :roll:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,466
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Mornin Mell :D

I been watching his progress and people moaning about the cost.

Mind you if we invited him - we gotta stump up havent we?

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The Vatican is a state, hence this being a state visit, hence everyone pays. I'm not sure why people are so exercised about this - no-one mentioned it when the Obamas visited, or the Sarkozys or Mugabe - at least I don't think they did. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    I cannot remain neutral about this.
    I was beaten by a Catholic priest when I was only about 8 or9
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh daylily, I am so sorry. The good Catholics far outweigh the bad in terms of number, but the damage the bad inflict, under the guise of being religious, is unforgivable. DD
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Daylily,

Childhood should never be marred by beatings. I can understand you not being able o stay neutral. Cris x

Hey Mel

Its like DD said its a state visit. I have issue with Catholicism, not Catholics, for so many reason and not just the AIDS thing but the biggest thing with this particular Pope is his Nazi past! Now how does that work?! Cris xx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Cham,

I am not having a go at Catholics flower I promise you. xx
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi Cris yep I know what you mean, Odessa was the name of the Vatican conduit that was used by the top SS guy's to get out of Europe, how could anyone defend and help those monsters beggers the mind, and don't get me started on the kiddie fiddler lot, the whole thing is a joke, God would be beside himself if he did exists that is, makes you wonder what you have to do to get in his bad books if again he really exists!.
  • mellman01
    Options
    babycham wrote:
    suppose he didnt really .....just some myth to keep control of the numpties in the middle ages keep them under control by fear of devine retribution or heaven..............I do believe though that our last pope the crackov one fought against the germans sec/w orld war and helped the poles a very good manxxxB/C

here here BC well said!.
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Mell,

Ah now.... I believe totally in the light! I don't see there being a man in there... its way beyond our comprehension in the earthbound place. I also have read the gnostic and Dead Sea Scrolls.... well its all a bit down to personal choice and beliefs after there I guess.

I think this Popes appointment was an odd choice.... xx

Hi Cham,

See that's what makes it a odd appointment. Both John Paul and John Paul 2nd did so much good and them they appoint a right winger again.... To me he was a bad choice but his visit I don't have a problem with. xx

Oh I also think child abuse has nothing to do with religion.....I do think its wrong when a cover up is instigated but I guess the image is not so good and that's why they do it, not to protect the abuser?
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Cham,

Ah us who think in astral plains..... :wink: Where ever they are they were both decent people. This one..... He is right wing and well I read something in the bits that didn't make it to the bible and its talks of tolerance and love for all.... It was attributed to Jesus him self yet it didn't make it to the Bible... says it all really.... This is too deep and too personal really.... especially for a Friday morning when I should be hobbling into he car and going into town.... you want anything?! :lol::lol: Cris xx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Cham,

I shall try and find you one :lol: You know Primmy could almost have been called that :wink: ((( ))) Cris xx
  • mellman01
    Options
    Sorry I just can't take old the pope dude seriously, I mean is it just me or does he look just like uncle fester from the Adams family or what!?. Also he looks so flippin bored all the time I bet he wishes he could spark up a **** and neck a few glasses an Vatican wine.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    And why did they stick him in Westminster on a Friday afternoon, the worst day and time for traffic? One good laugh tho - Bambi and Prudence sitting next to each other! DD
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    The Vatican is a state, hence this being a state visit, hence everyone pays. I'm not sure why people are so exercised about this - no-one mentioned it when the Obamas visited, or the Sarkozys or Mugabe - at least I don't think they did. DD

Well there did on the news
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Mell

I find interesting that they have found tribes of people that have never seen while people or any people at all and yet even they have a God like fiigure they believe in.

What about that on the news they are waivering the Congestion charge for him in London. It is £8. per day I think they said on the news.

Trish xx
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi Trish it's like some kind of collective madness isn't it!, really worries me that people can feel happy with following a church that has and is doing a lot of damage around the world, what would God really think if he had been watching all these things happen in his name, I guess he would be really angry and come straight down here to knock some heads together, but the total lack of anything along divine intervention lines just shows this lot either are making the whole show up and there is no God or they don't represent any so called caring all seeing entity, no if there is a God exists in us all as humans but it is in the form of honesty intergrity decency and rationality, we don't need to be told what we are doing is right, any sane person knows in their core what is right or wrong, using the god excuse seems to me to allow bad people to have an excuse to carry on being bad. That's why there are so many cases of abuse coming out, allowing evil to reside within the clergy just attracted more abusers to join up, it's widely known a predator can always be found close to it's prey, the Church was in effect was a massive collection of easy targets to be predated on at will, it was in effect both a massive magnet and a safe haven.
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    the queen invited him (news said).
    so if she invited him surely she should pay up, she isnt short of a few million or twelve is she?
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    did anyone see that episode of Benidorm when character was travelling round in similiar vehicle to pope mobile? very funny
  • mellman01
    Options
    oneday wrote:
    so if she invited him surely she should pay up, she isnt short of a few million or twelve is she?

Well if you think about why should she pay oneday!?,after all the royal family they are really quite normal for Britain today, ie a dysfunctional family living in state accommodation on benefits!.
  • daylily
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    oneday wrote:

Well if you think about why should she pay oneday!?,after all the royal family they are really quite normal for Britain today, ie a dysfunctional family living in state accommodation on benefits!.

Spot on Mell
  • mellman01
    Options
    Thanks daylilly I'll probably die in a French underpass mysteriously now!, hey cop this the Pope is still here and on all news channels as I write this, and get this he ordaining some old dead dude and they are saying crowds are slightly down as the Church is charging £25 a pop to see the old bugger, now I thought we the tax payer are picking up the tab, how odd is that I mean they aren't into making money now are they, that would be so anti the message they keep whittering on about. ie have loads of kids and live in total poverty and don't do anything nasty, just work yourself to death and suffer terrible illness and God will love you once you peg it, oh and if some naughty misguided priest sticks his had up ya skirt or down ya kecks don't complain as he's only showing you "Jesus love you in a special way" but if you do then you will be beaten sideways to make you repent for your sins!.
    Sorry spleen was a tad full!!!.
  • daylily
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Thanks daylilly I'll probably die in a French underpass mysteriously now!, hey cop this the Pope is still here and on all news channels as I write this, and get this he ordaining some old dead dude and they are saying crowds are slightly down as the Church is charging £25 a pop to see the old bugger, now I thought we the tax payer are picking up the tab, how odd is that I mean they aren't into making money now are they, that would be so anti the message they keep whittering on about. ie have loads of kids and live in total poverty and don't do anything nasty, just work yourself to death and suffer terrible illness and God will love you once you peg it, oh and if some naughty misguided priest sticks his had up ya skirt or down ya kecks don't complain as he's only showing you "Jesus love you in a special way" but if you do then you will be beaten sideways to make you repent for your sins!.
    Sorry spleen was a tad full!!!.
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Bet you feel better now :!: