Glucosamine&Chondrytin

Options
tonesp
tonesp Member Posts: 844
edited 17. Sep 2010, 18:52 in Living with Arthritis archive
New research at a University in Switzerland has concluded that these supplements have no positive effect whatever on OA or any other joint problem.The good news is they don't do any harm either :(

Comments

• salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    apart from to your wallet!
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    salamander wrote:
    apart from to your wallet!
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :lol:
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Yes...just saw this on the news today.....I'm probably behind the times LOL....but they are expensive if they dont do any good but on the other hand if they act as a placebo great.

Love
    Hileena
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    Options
    over the years have tried them both and had no real benefit so am glad to know it was'nt the wrong thing to stop them, am tempted to try rosehips for me and as a protective barrier for my daughter hoping she does not get OA like most females in my family, has anyone any input about them ???
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi

I have actually heard of a couple of people who have developed Dupuytren's Contracture (of the finger(s)) and they are convinced it was due to taking glucosamin & chondroitin! I think there is something on Google about this too..

I am interested in rosehip too, Lavenderlady, I read an article about it recently.. I might give it a try..

Marion