((())) you lovely people

Options
queenfan
queenfan Member Posts: 563
edited 20. Sep 2010, 03:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
I just wanted to say thank you, & how touched I was by all your posts of support from ALL YOU LOVELY PEOPLE,
I went to see my rheumy,& what a lovely man he was, I have to admit
I was really scared that I would be fobbed off yet again, also I had some comments made about him which were not very positive,
he listened to most of what I had to say, & was very understanding,
he promised to try & sort things out for me,
he gave me tramadol along with my patches to take plus some gel,
until he gets the blood tests back,
the earliest appointment to see him again is the 14th of January,
but I don't mind at least I feel I am getting some where,He sent me to the hospital for blood tests for RA, I am terrible to get blood out of
(A bit vein less I'm afraid) but they got it made a bit of a mess of my arm but hey at least they were able to get some.
I hope you are all not having to much pain this weekend.
and a real BIG thank you with love to you all for your kind messages of support Sue xx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    This is all sounding a deal more positive queenfan. I am so pleased you got on OK with him - negative comments are never good to hear but I always try to bear in mind they could be due to a personality clash or somesuch. Let's hope for much better times for you now: you deserve them! Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Sue!

so pleased your appointment went so well. :D

what a difference it makes jut to feel we've been listened to. :wink:

hope the tabs reduce your pain and the bloods are OK... poor arm! my daughter has the same problem... as soon as there's a mention of taking blood her veins seem to disappear.
    She's offered to take the blood herself as she knows how best to access a vein (she's a midwife not a junkie ha ha!)

anyway Sue, hope this is the beginning of a renewed positive relationship with your rheummy!

have a lovely weekend.

Iris xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Ah Sue!!

So very glad to hear you back to your usual chatty and happy self :D

Sounds really good - I am glad for you - he listened and that is ALL we need isn't it?

We were glad to help and I bet all of us just happy you feel better now.

I am pleased

LOve

Toni xx

ps I am okish myself thanks very mush
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    Hi Sue,
    Glad to hear you had a positive appointment and that it's made you feel a bit happier and the pain killers work, that makes all the difference doesn't it? When you're on top of the pain you can at least think straight again, or at least that's how I feel. Let's hope this is the start of you being on the up again.

Love Sue x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Sue,
    I am so pleased that it went so well for you. Not so good with the bloods though :(

Have a restful weekend and I really hope things improve for you very soon.

Lv, Ix
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Glad you had a much better appointment this time, I hope the tramadol, patches and gel helps a bit while you wait to see him again?

Its not easy to get blood sometimes is it? I have that trouble as well and get so sick of being stabbed...... I do 'its mine and I'm keeping it' far to well :wink:

Hope you have a decent week end and leaving you a ((( ))) and a bucket of hopes. Cris xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi so glad he good, if bloods show to much they will bring you back before jan if not at least you know it not to urgent hugs back i hate having blood taken but doc and rhummy always want some of it lol val
    val
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Sue,

There you areh0507.gif Glad you didn't disappear for too long.

It's great to hear you sounding so positive, it's such a good feeling when we know our Rheumy team is helping us.

Long may you continue to feel brighter.

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Sue,

Its good to see you. I am tally shattered just now and lost the plot but leaving you a ((((( ))))) and a bucket of hopes. Love Cris xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Sue
    I am so relieved for you, I was worried that it hadn't gone well.
    What a difference it make when you get someone who understands , and treats you like a human being.
    Thank You for the update.
    Lots of love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    Options
    queenfan wrote:
    I just wanted to say thank you, & how touched I was by all your posts of support from ALL YOU LOVELY PEOPLE,
    I went to see my rheumy,& what a lovely man he was, I have to admit
    I was really scared that I would be fobbed off yet again, also I had some comments made about him which were not very positive,
    he listened to most of what I had to say, & was very understanding,
    he promised to try & sort things out for me,
    he gave me tramadol along with my patches to take plus some gel,
    until he gets the blood tests back,
    the earliest appointment to see him again is the 14th of January,
    but I don't mind at least I feel I am getting some where,He sent me to the hospital for blood tests for RA, I am terrible to get blood out of
    (A bit vein less I'm afraid) but they got it made a bit of a mess of my arm but hey at least they were able to get some.
    I hope you are all not having to much pain this weekend.
    and a real BIG thank you with love to you all for your kind messages of support Sue xx

Costs nothing to listen does it? Glad you feel you are getting somewhere. At least you know this lot are here if you need them, and that is priceless!

Take care
    Ange..xx

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..