Blackpool,rain & laughter...

Options
minky67
minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
edited 21. Sep 2010, 17:41 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi, Hope you didnt miss me too much. :wink:
As some of you know we went to Blackpool for the day yesterday.
we set off about 8am & i did the first half of the drive & OH did the last leg & all the driving back home.we took my youngest daughter & her mate.
we were about an hour into the trip & i couldnt believe my eyes :shock: there was a single cow walking over the flyover of the motorway, it didnt seem bothered about the noise of the trafic & was just slowly strolling along. well the kids thought that was hilerious & we had a laugh as they were trying to guess where it was going or escaping from. :lol::lol:
the weather didnt look to bad as it was sunny on the way there,we parked the car for the day(£9 :shock: ) & got tickets. Girls queued up for the first ride & just as they got off the heavens opened :roll: we spent the day walking around taking regular sit downs for my legs to recover,dry off & have a nice cuppa tea. Had dinner & Me & OH decided to go off to find the mini train,we sat at the front & found out as it pulled off why we got the whole front to our selves,Chew Chew :shock: the whistle was that loud i jumped outta my skin :roll: I sat with me scarf round my mouth as the fumes were about chocking me too. Then OH said the monorails just over there,(oh as if my life could get any more exciting) we boarded that.OH Grabbed my crutches & i struggled to get my leg over to get in (no naughty comments thank you :wink: ) We just sat down & we heard a clonk,OHs mobile phone had dropped out of his pocket & down the side of the seat :roll: I stuck my hand down there & grabbed it only for it to slip out of my grasp & fall down even further. we called the driver who then held up the passengers & went off to get his grabber stick.That was no good so he asked if he could take the mono round & call the manager as we got back to the platform. manager arrives with his grabby stick. Driver explains that he has tried this so manager then calls maintaince.Outcome,no way was the phone going to rescued without the seat being removed :shock: we explained that although the phone was only a cheap one it was the only one we had that had credit to contact my daughter & let her know where to meet us next. Manager sends off monorail with maintance guys removing seat as it takes the next load of passengers around. he then lets me use his mobile to ring my daughter & let her know where we were.I left a message on voicemail & silly s.d sends a message back to managers phone saying ''ok luv xx'' :shock: :oops: Maintance guys come back holding OHs phone to his ear laughing making out he had used all his credit. :lol: They were all fantastic & so quick to get to us to try to help us retrieve this phone.
we stood there for a few minutes thanking the guys & the strap then snaps on my handbag :shock: It wasnt new & my mum had given it to me the day before just for this trip :roll:
I said to OH ' its everytime we go anywhere something always happens to us'' :roll: :roll:
we did have a good time, the girls were so excited & went on nearly all the rides,we waited for the illuminations to come on & they sat in the car taking pictures on there phones. We left & they both fell asleep all the way back home. They were tired & soaking wet as were we.We got back at 10.30 last night & the girls went straight to bed shortly followed by me.
Today my feet are on fire,shoulders are killing along with my hands from using my crutches all day & ive been stiffening up all day. Im planning on a long lay in tomorrow & rest followed by more rest.
Oh nearly forgot the satnav went on the blink on the way home too,we lost the voices & now only have keith from Newzealand all GB voices have gone. :shock: Teach OH to update it just before we go away :lol: . You would have thought the world was coming to an end they way he carried on about his blumming satnav :roll: :lol:
Take care,debs

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    not been back to blackpool for few years glad you had great time rest now and remember the good times lol
    val
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Debs

That will be in your memory box for years to come. Despiite eveything you still mangaed to have a laugh.

We were wondering if you had enjoyed it there. Sounds like you did. If it had only been a few years ago my cousin had a hotel there on the front. I could have got hime to put you up in the bit he saved for family to visit.

Was the lights good? They generally are? Have not been there was ages.

Glad you enjoyed it though.

Love Trish xxxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Debs,

Glad you got the phone back :lol::lol: You were some lucky there.

Thanks for the rock and really glad you had a good time amongst all the catastrophes. What is it with you and umbrellas?! :lol::lol:

Sorry you got pay back but sometimes.... tis worth it eh? :D Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That is some physiological miracle - perhaps it was very windy or were you sitting on his head? :D DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,418
    Options
    Hi Debs!!

Sounds liek an eventful trip :shock:

What is G l,ike :roll: Men!! Typical loosing his phone like that - was everyone laughing at you?! :oops:

I have to say - I'm NOT that suprised by your escapade you could write a book couldnt you really :roll:

II am also very pleased that you have had such a ownderful time and the girls did too - you are the only one who could go to blackpool in the rain and have a great time :D

Now rest up

and BEHAVE!!!

love

Toni xx
  • minky67
    Options
    Hi Toni, You know me so well, I could write a book as everywhere we go something happens.
    were not banned from Blackpool or Cornwall yet. Mind you i havent asked cris if we are yet :lol::lol:

Im not sure if we were being laughed at as i had me head down :oops: But when the monorail pulled in everyone got off on the side we were standing on. WRONG SIDE & they all had to crawl back through the carridges for the right side to get out as we did when they had all gone. :oops: :lol:
    the driver was funny going along shouting ''wrong side please get out the otherside'' & he didnt look amused :lol:

well we havent got anything booked up til next year (thankfully)
    im resting now,promise, debs
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Debs,

Glad you had a good time ! an eventful and memorable one !

Those are the sort of things that would happen to us, great isnt it? Every time we went to cornwall catastrophy would strike i dont know why :roll: :shock:

Ah well good times and a laugh after isnt it?

Plenty of rest is now required!!! Whilst planning for your next adventure :D You may like to write a book and make lots of pennies :D

Rose x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,418
    Options
    minky67 wrote:
    Hi Toni, You know me so well, I could write a book as everywhere we go something happens.
    were not banned from Blackpool or Cornwall yet. Mind you i havent asked cris if we are yet :lol::lol:

I'm saying nothing Debs.....

but I was in corwall not so long ago and there WAS a'wanted' sign at the border.....
  • minky67
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    minky67 wrote:

I'm saying nothing Debs.....

but I was in corwall not so long ago and there WAS a'wanted' sign at the border.....
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Glad you said border Toni :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: xx

Debs you know I have you or Toni, or Jan hall marked for over the road :lol::lol::lol: xx
  • minky67
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Glad you said border Toni :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: xx

Debs you know I have you or Toni, or Jan hall marked for over the road :lol::lol::lol: xx
    Hey cris, do you think we could all club together & share. Toni & Jan could sell there houses & i could board as i aint worked out how the outlaws are going to be bumped off with out us being found out :wink::lol::lol: Im not worth much (moneywise) But i make up for it in other ways :wink:
    I hope they all like animals as im planning a whole array of feathers & fur, homemade jams/wines & veggie plots....see ive got it all planned apprt from the obvious lack of cash :(
    debs (whos wondering if the wanted posters are going to be removed before our next visit :? )