It's taken a long time!

Options
magenta
magenta Member Posts: 1,604
edited 22. Sep 2010, 17:36 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone,
I've not been on-line for ages. Too many things have happened to me that would take forever to tell. I just wanted to tell you (if you remember?) that I'm getting closer to finding out about what's causing me terrible jaw pain. After 4yrs of pain and going to several different drs/dentists and physios, a lovely female dental consultant has 'believed' me enough to get further xrays done. It was called a core ct scan-a very detailed xray. Between her and a radiologist, they have told me I have 'very severe and advanced wear and tear in both jaw joints. My joints, instead of being a typical ball and socket joint have flattened out and I have no space between the joints. I have to have an MRI scan to see where the cartilage has gone :shock: I'm still reading alot of your posts but just thought I'd say hi again and hope you're all well?
Magenta

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Eileen,c0103.gif

How lovely to see you back. I've missed you around here. Thought about you at the beginning of April, bit late now, I know, to tell you that :roll:

Glad you're getting somewhere with your awful jaw problems, it must be such a relief to you.

Don't disappear again. :wink:

Luv Legs :D
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Eileen,

I so echo Legs and am so pleased to see you :D:D Missed you and well don't stay away this long again. Hey you just been told... what am I getting so bossy about :lol::lol:

Glad you getting somewhere with your jaw its about time they did something to help.

Sending you a ((( ))) and i am so pleased to see you again. Cris xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Magenta, thank goodness for the lovely dentist and radiologist and for your persistance in finding some peeps who would listen. Is your MRI soon? Hopefully as soon as the diagnosis is complete your options can be considered.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi,
    Good to see you......hope you get something sorted out soon
    That they decide what can be done to help I mean LOL

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Hi Eileen!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way good to see you posting - just sent you a Pm :wink:

Hope very soon then we will maybe get the answer as to what can be done?

Lots of us with jaw issues woudl be soooo ineterested to haer that one.

Love

Toni xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI magenta

made me :D:D to see your name on a post :wink:

so pleased that a 'new' face has listened to you well, and has finally taken the trouble to work out what the real problem is.

sending you loads of hugs (((())))

WOnky
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi again,
    How are you all doing? I've missed being on but I've been quite down and very sore-not a good combination as you know.
    I was referred to a hospital in Glasgow for my MRI and after 5wks of not hearing anything( I was told between 2 to 5wks) I decided to phone the dental hospital. The hospital I was initially referred to doesn't do the scan I need. They've referred me to another hospital so it'll probably be another 5wks before I hear anything :shock: Also referred back to a rhuemy that last year said he didn't do 'the jaw'! That should be a laugh :)
    Hope you are all ok.
    xxxxxxxxxx