Awarded Bronze

Options
carol101
carol101 Member Posts: 584
edited 21. Sep 2010, 13:19 in Community Chit-chat archive
The part of my business that is on a well know auction site has just been awarded bronze power seller status.

This is a copy from their site: (with the name starred out)

Power Sellers are business sellers consistently offering excellent service and professionalism. The Power Seller programme is designed to help sellers grow their e*** business and to reward those upholding the highest service standards.

Sellers interested in joining need to be registered as a business on e*** and meet the eligibility requirements for sales volume, performance standard, policy compliance and account standing.

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Carol

Congratulations, you have worked so hard for that. Just to think a year ago was it you would come off your shift work not knowing what to do with yourself with the pain.

You deserve some recognition.

How many little coats do you make a day very many?

I know they are beautiful.

Well done.

Love Trish xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Well done Carol, I am a bit backward and don't really know what it means but to have built your business up like that does really deserve a bit of recognition. Cris x
  • carol101
    Options
    It depends on what is involved. The one i am working on at the moment is for a 1-2 yr tot and it has so far taken me 3 days and i still have around 4 hrs work as it has a lot of frills, beads and roses. What i would call a basic cardigan for that size would maybe take 2 days. The price i charge is no refection to how much work i put in but people would not pay that money, even i wouldn't. The one i am working on would end up around £180 with my time and the materials!

Carol x
  • carol101
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Well done Carol, I am a bit backward and don't really know what it means but to have built your business up like that does really deserve a bit of recognition. Cris x

Thank you. You get awarded it for number of sales and the customers leave you feedback. They comment on:

communication ie i let them know payment has been received, when i have posted the item etc

p&p charges ie am i ripping them off

discription ie have i described the item correctly

how quicky i posted the item , i always post same/next day depending on when i have received payment

You have to constently receive top marks in all those catorgries for a year to acheive top seller status. There is bronze, silver, gold, titanium and platinum. I have just received bronze
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Carol,

Thanks for explaining it and very well done. It sounds like hard work but must be rewarding as well? Its hard to build up a business and you have done so well. Cris x
  • trisher
    Options
    carol101 wrote:
    It depends on what is involved. The one i am working on at the moment is for a 1-2 yr tot and it has so far taken me 3 days and i still have around 4 hrs work as it has a lot of frills, beads and roses. What i would call a basic cardigan for that size would maybe take 2 days. The price i charge is no refection to how much work i put in but people would not pay that money, even i wouldn't. The one i am working on would end up around £180 with my time and the materials!

Carol x

Carol

Take a picci of it won't you? You should try and make your mark on them or do you do that.

When I did my satin cards, I wrote the verses. People used to tell me what they were interested in if it were for a birthday. I would then make the card and personalise them. I also made the boxes.

I got so many orders I had a stamp made I called it Keep Sake Cards. The orders flooded in then as I did weddings, Christmas Easter. I was chuffed when customers told me they went to a wedding abroard and that is where the card went and then got asked to do orders for relatives.

It was a shame I had to give it up. I often wonder where I might have been now.

love Trish xxx

I had to give it up
  • carol101
    Options
    Yes i will take a photo of it but i can't post it here can i? I have thought about having some woven labels made but they might irritate the baby.

I have had orders through friends and family and just from people seeing my photos as i put them in my website, facebook and twitter. When i don't have any orders i just make something and put it on auction which leads to new orders with people wanting dirrerent sizes and colours.

It is a shame you had to give up your craft. I absolutely love doing it. Whenever i am watching tv i'm always knitting or crocheting.

Carol x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Congratulations carole

It is nice doing something you enjoy and that you can fel proud of your end result.

Labels: could you not put it on the outside at the backof neck or on the sleeve if they were small enough. I have a couple of garments where they have done that.

Good luck
    Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Many, many congratualtions from me. That is some accolade! I hope it all goes from strength to strength. Starting up then running one's own business is a huge gamble (one I took in 1995 but now mine is nearly at an end). I agree with julie47pf: design a label and sew it to the outside of the garment. That way other people will be able to see who made it, and hopefully you should get more commissions as a result. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • maggiemay
    maggiemay Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Well done Carol
    You deserve all the credit to what you are doing, Especially Home Knitted items they last far longer, and keep their shape better.

My Mother knitted an Arran Cardigan for my youngest Daughter when she was 5, now she is 21, its 16yrs old and still looks like new, Margaret kept it and now she has given it to her Nephew Mark to wear.

But boys being boys how long will it last?

Keep up the good work Carol, and you will get a higher Grading :D
    Regards
    Mags
  • carol101
    Options
    Thank you Mags.

Can i post photo's here? I have finished the frilly matinee i've been making.
  • trisher
    Options
    Carol

Is it on FBook? Put it there. Or do what Jan does use Photobucket.

Can you put the labels on a side seam? Would that help?

Trish xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    Options
    Congratulations Carole :D

You clever and hardworking girl you :wink:

Bet you are cuffed.

Love

Toni xx
  • carol101
    Options
    I will put the phot on fb very shortly. It is red and white with lots of frills............took me bl**dy ages.

I have been thinking about maybe putting a label on the inside but at the hem. Most of the coats i make have a bit of flair to them so is not close to baby's skin.

Carol x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Will have to have a look Carol.

Yo are doing well :)

Love

Toni xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,930
    Options
    Hi Carol
    good for you now you are doing what you like.
    you enjoy it.
    nice to see you on here a gain.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • carol101
    Options
    Well here they are!

These are all of what i have done recently. The red and white one which i have just finished is to fit 1-2 years but is shown on my 0-3 month size doll.................and yes she is a doll! She weighs 7lb 2oz and has a floopy head just like a real baby.

http://s990.photobucket.com/albums/af26/carol101/knitting and crochet/Latest creations/?albumview=slideshow

For those of you on fb, photo's are also on there

Carol x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Carol
    Nice to see you back, I have just looked at your work, and I think you will get gold very soon.
    They are stunning, I really love the jumper done in a sought of waffle look.
    Good luck with everything
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • carol101
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hello Carol
    Nice to see you back, I have just looked at your work, and I think you will get gold very soon.
    They are stunning, I really love the jumper done in a sought of waffle look.
    Good luck with everything
    Barbara xx

Thank you very much x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Carol

they are absolutely beautiful - you are so clever!

They must take for ever to do - I totally admire you

Love

Toni xx
  • carol101
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Carol

they are absolutely beautiful - you are so clever!

They must take for ever to do - I totally admire you

Love

Toni xx

Thank you. Most of them i can do in one day but the red and white frilly one took 3 days because of all the frills. To be honest, it isn't my favourite pattern but the lady who has ordered that one also wants one in all pink.