Surprise efficiency

Options
cthornley
cthornley Member Posts: 627
edited 20. Sep 2010, 22:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
Isn’t it nice when GP’s surprise you
I have just had mine phone me to discuss the issues with my knee as she ‘knew I was busy and didn’t want to waste my time, making me traipse down to the surgery’
We have had a pretty decent chat regarding the prognosis, the various options and consequences and she has now gone off to make arrangements with orthopaedics for me. It was efficient, informative and helpful...yes I am still talking about the GP’s surgery.
It took 10mins instead of the hour and a half that it would have taken if I’d had to have gone in, wish more people would use their common sense to work more efficiently when it is warranted, now to just convince the rest of my healthcare team that!!!!

Chrissie

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good service Chrissie :D

Our surgery does triage calls like this now - new GP set it up but he is leaving soon and then it might finish.

I loved it - you only had to stay in for an hour and I hate our surgery so it was great for me.

Glad you had a good chat :)

Love

Toni xx
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    It amazes me that people don't care about doing their job properly anymore, life would be a lot better all round for everybody if people took pride in doing their job and not treating it as though they couldn't care less or can't be bothered, especially when you have a job where you have to deal with people, it doesn't take much to be pleasant and smile, even if they are having a bad day for some reason they should put that aside and do their job properly. It's even worse when it's a doctor or nurse cos if you're feeling ill or worried you need someone to be pleasant, efficient and helpful, not treat you as though you are a nuisance. The receptionist at my dentist never smiles, is as miserable as sin with a face like a slapped a**e, I don't know how she keeps her job!!! As you can tell from my rant this is a particular pet hate of mine. I always try to be pleasant to people ,even when I have a complaint. I used to work for Meals on Wheels and some of the old people could be difficult, but even when they were or I was having a bad day I always used to smile and be cheerful. But when I am totally surprised by someone doing a good job and being pleasant I always acknowledge it and if appropriate tell their boss.
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    nanasue wrote:
    It amazes me that people don't care about doing their job properly anymore, life would be a lot better all round for everybody if people took pride in doing their job and not treating it as though they couldn't care less or can't be bothered, especially when you have a job where you have to deal with people, it doesn't take much to be pleasant and smile, even if they are having a bad day for some reason they should put that aside and do their job properly. It's even worse when it's a doctor or nurse cos if you're feeling ill or worried you need someone to be pleasant, efficient and helpful, not treat you as though you are a nuisance. The receptionist at my dentist never smiles, is as miserable as sin with a face like a slapped a**e, I don't know how she keeps her job!!! As you can tell from my rant this is a particular pet hate of mine. I always try to be pleasant to people ,even when I have a complaint. I used to work for Meals on Wheels and some of the old people could be difficult, but even when they were or I was having a bad day I always used to smile and be cheerful. But when I am totally surprised by someone doing a good job and being pleasant I always acknowledge it and if appropriate tell their boss.
    Hi. I used to work for meals on wheels as well. I found some of the grumpy ones had a twinkle in their eye when they were moaning. I loved them all. Great job :!:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You seem to have a good practice there, cthornley, you are very lucky. My docs is OK I suppose, once you can get past the Gorgons that work on reception. I have never had one ring me up, tho. I hope it all works out well - what is the intention of orthopaedics re your knee? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    Thanks DD

Yes it is a good practice yet we still have a Gorgon on reception, that woman has the biggest chip on her shoulder, I surprised she can stand up!
    Thats another advantage of a phone consultation :)

A little bit of arthroscopy we think, to investigate and rectify if possible the damage from the fall. She said we could leave it but as its causing pain, its probably better to sort it before it becomes a serious problem.
    Fingers crossed hey
    Chrissie
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Wow, how refreshing, a positive GP experience.

SPeedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    That is great service.....you are very lucky

Love
    Hileena
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    It's great to hear about a good service Chrissie..

Marion
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I'm glad you have had such a good experience with your GP. I'm lucky usually find the GP's surgery helpful and efficient. AT my surgery, you can phone up and book an appointment if you think its something they can deal with on the phone. Its very good and means that you can get a line of communication going quickly. There is also a duty doctor that you can see the same day if you don't mind waiting but want an opinion quickly. :wink: Love Sue
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hi. you lucky person :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    I've just had to change docs because they were useless,
    wouldn't even look at my feet and I can hardly walk sometimes.
    all the best
    xx