cancelled rheumy appointment

Options
lucy145
lucy145 Member Posts: 90
edited 21. Sep 2010, 06:23 in Living with Arthritis archive
have just come in for a moan......have been waiting for my 1st rheumy appointment for ages and it was nearly here being this friday,just had a phone call from the hospital saying he is off sick so my appointment has been cancelled,i asked how long i would have to wait for another one and she said between 5 and 7 weeks, arghhhhhhhhhhhh and that is a fast tracked appointment !!!

moan over :? x

Comments

• salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    that's not very reassuring. I am waiting for a fast track one myself. Try ringing every week to see if there is a cancellation.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Lucy,

another 5 to 7 weeks!!! No wonder you are fuming. I think you should definitely ring up and say you will take a cancellation. Ring everyday if you have to.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • lucy145
    Options
    i will ring tomorrow,i didnt expect the call so didnt really ask much,its only afterwards i thought i should of said this and that,she said they would send me an appointment through the post but may be offered a cancellation,dont hold much hope out for that tho, friday would of been good because im not at work this week,my gp said when he fast tracked it that i would be seen within 2wks,he should of put a 1 in front of that the way things are going,grrrrrrrrrrr x
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Oh that's a real pain Lucy! I do hope you can get an earlier appointment..

Keep in touch,

Marion
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Thats a ridiculous length of time....bad enough being cancelled but he cant help being sick {anymore than we can} but that is a very long time
    Yes get on the phone to them about a cancellation and phone them nearly every day if you have to...They'll get fed up and fit you in somewhere LOL

Love
    Hileena
  • lucy145
    Options
    well have rang the hospital,they dont make appointments over the phone ! that told me lol,i asked again how long will i have to wait for another appointment and she said it shouldnt be too long....ok then,i know the dr cant help being sick and i am sympathic even tho his illness wasnt my first thought,maybe i am being selfish but feel let down,and to make it worse my wrist and feet are protesting today even more then usual :( x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am sorry, how frustrating, but you are right, he can't help being ill - even docs catch bugs! I hope something can be resolved soon - the added annoyance won't help matters for you in any way. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Oh Lucy

I am sorry :(

Makes you so cross....

I hope you are ok till the next apt - and I suppose we all DO get ill and he is allowed :(

Hope it's soon :)

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Lucy
    This seems to be the norm now,when my last one was cancelled they said the consultant had look at the list, and decided it was to long :roll: .
    You ring up , and tell them you are in to much pain to wait that long.
    Hope you get another very soon.
    Let us know how you get on
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara