can these be new symptoms?

Options
bailey27
bailey27 Member Posts: 689
edited 23. Sep 2010, 06:12 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi
Had a bit of a rough 6 months.

wot bore you with all the details. Feeling rough at the moment, knuckles swollen especially first two of each hand. 4 huge mouth ulcers, vaious achey joints and more so in both hips / groin and general lethargy.

I have been told i have inflammatory arthritis, spodilooarthritis... different terms etc. Just wondering, as it runs in my family could it be rheumatoid type but just without the rheumatoid factor in blood???? Whatever it is it seems to be gradually getting worse especially over the lsat 2 years.
Any advice would be appreciated. thanks

Comments

• trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Baily

Yes, if you have imflammatory Arthritis it would make you feel like you do. The RF Factor does not always show up in the bloods. Meaning you could have it.

In some like me it showed up high in my first blood tests. Others on here have mentioned it took months before the bloods showed they had it.

Try to rest as much as you can.

You do not mention if you are on any drugs for this. I presume you are on something ?

Trish xx
  • bailey27
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. I am on sulphasalazine, meloxicam, prenisalone (which has been doubled today by gp) and omeprazole.

I have also has steroid injections into shoulder and knee.

I don't understand why they can't say exactly what it is. I don't really need a name for it as my rheumy says that inflammatory arthritis's are treated almost the same regardless of which type you have.

However, surely with the various drugs I am on it shouldn't be getting worse!?!?
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hello, I'm sorry to hear you arn't too well, I hope you have some medications to help you cope. It not, I'd go and have a talk to your GP and see if they can help you. I hope you soon get sorted out. :wink:
    Love Sue
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi i also have inflamitory artheritus and different meds work for dirrerent people so it a matter of trial and error till they find what works for you val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The drugs ease the symptoms, that's all. You may find that your doses are increased, or other drugs are added to the mix to try to control the symptoms more. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi

Just popping in to wish you well and hope that you soon get the right meds to ease your pain

juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hi Bailey

I have missed you!!!

Glad to hear from you.

I think inflamatory arthritis IS also sometimes called seronegative RA if that helps?

Love

Toni xx
  • bailey27
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses.
  • bailey27
    Options
    Hi, thanks for that. I have had a break from here as I went through a stage of denial. I've had surgery 2 months ago and have been told I got to have another one so things getting on top of me.

frogmorton wrote:
    Hi Bailey

I have missed you!!!

Glad to hear from you.

I think inflamatory arthritis IS also sometimes called seronegative RA if that helps?

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    hI Baiey

I am sorry you have had a rough time.

All the more reason to keep in touch with us - you know we're here for you.

LOve

Toni xx
  • bailey27
    Options
    Thanks, I am trying but it might sounds weird but sometimes I get quite down and depressed about how things have turned out in my life. Sometimes when I spend too much time on the forum it kind of gets me down more as it reinforces whatis going on and I am finding it difficult to deal with. I dont mean to sound ungrateful or anything like that so if I offend anyone i apologise. I am lucky I am in a fab relaitonship and my partner is 100% supportive. I have always been sporty and kept myself healthy, but the in last 2 years have not only been having loads of flares but I am noticing in change in my appearance too. My knuckles swell up and crack so I find i am trying to cover them up. My hair is dry and wirey from the emds. I have constant bags under my eyes. And I also cannot exercise as much so i feel very concious about my weight especially as all my life i have been able to plays sports and do pretty much anything.
    Sorry I am going on here and rambling and sounding like i right miserable moo.
    I hope you are all well and will try and contribute to some of the posting where possible.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Bailey,

I am glad to see you cus I was wondering how you were doing.

Its so difficult with all the different types of arthritis. The rf thing doesn't mean you have ra and most the other types, excluding oa, are stereo-negative and very hard to sort which is what.

I think its good you are on sulfa, and the increase in your other tables might well help, I actually so hope they do. Bailey I so often feel inadequate in my answers cus I don't know the answers. Sending you a ((( ))) and so many hopes it will all get easier for you soon. Cris x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I think all of us get down and depressed about the way our lives have turned out, I know I do. I take my mind off it by trying to help people on here who are new to the whole malarkey - I remember those early days (and many later ones too) where I didn't have a clue about what was going on, battling with unhelpful docs and awful symptoms. Knowing what I know now I do wish I had been more pro-active in the early days and not so easily fobbed off by 'it will go away in due course'. Now I know it never will so I just have to get on with it. At least I know where I stand - tho not for very long 'cos it hurts! DD
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Bailey

Yes I do see what you mean about it reinforcing things and I do understand that it could make things worse for you or some people.

Glad you have a great partner and I know how that helps. I exercise when I can and am lucky I dont have a huge appetite I suppose.

You know where we are anyway dont you - so that's all that matters.

Love

Toni xx
  • bailey27
    Options
    Thanks all for being so kind. I really do appreciate it and you all do wonderful things on this site. This might sound daft but sometimes I wish my friends and family were as undertsnading as you are. Just this week I had someone say to me. ''Oh, you stilll got that arthritis thing have you? you had that a while now.'' I didnt know what to say. these are suppose to be my friends and people closest to me. If they dont understand then who does (apart from you lovely people on here). So frustrating. sorry havng a bad week or so, hopefully pick myself up soon. xxxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    People don't understand, bailey. Those who are healthy have no idea what we contend with: they are used to being ill and getting better. We are used to being ill and not getting better. Have you googled The Spoon Theory? It is a very good explanation of how those with long-term conditions are affected on a day-to-day basis. It give a graphic explanation of how things are, and it does help people understand. Like many on the forums when someone askes me how I am I don't bother telling them, I just grin and say 'Fine'. They have obeyed the social nicety of being polite and asking and I have been nice and not bored them with stuff they a) don't understand and b) are not really that interested in! That's why here is such a valuable place, becuase we do know what it is like and we do understand and we do care.

Those who know me recognise when I am having a rough day: I don't put in any earrings! Stick with us, bailey, we know how you feel and we will always listen. I wish you a better evening and a good night's sleep. DD.
  • bailey27
    Options
    Thank you. x x