Help needed.

Options
handsy
handsy Member Posts: 209
edited 23. Sep 2010, 07:34 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello to all the gang, hope everyone is feeling OK(ish). Due to my recent problems with my heart. I have had some real problems with sweat just really soaked. I can't walk any distance now I am really tired very quickly. I am becoming more and more depressed things are starting to feel impossible to complete. I know I have to just get on with it but as we all know its damn hard. :(

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    It is, sometimes, it is. We all have our peaks and our troughs: I hope the procedure (angioplasty, was it?) has helped but don't overdo things because you are feeling better/brighter. It is a balancing act of 'how much can I do before I need to rest?' It takes time to discover one's tolerance levels, so take things easy for a couple of days, if you can, then when you are feeling more rested or better, go for a short walk - five minutes out so five mnutes back - and build it from there. Give yourself time, handsy, and be kind to yourself. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi be kind to your self do not try to do to much rest as much as you do to start with then build up slowly listen to what your body telling you then you will get there with pot to many set backs val
    val
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    In other words.....Pace yourself.....its easy to say but not so easy for me to do LOL

Love
    Hileena
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Been through a bit of a rough patch myself lately so know how you feel. Try to take one day at a time, or one hour, or 10 minutes. That's what I try to do when I feel really ill - small steps but they will add up to something more. Have small achievable goals and you will feel better at the end of the day. I really feel for you and hope you get through this and feel better soon.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Its something people often say to me 'Pace yourself' and I say it to others too as its a good thing to do. The only trouble is, its so easy to go just that little bit too far.

Have you spoken to you doctors about the problems your having with the sweating? They, or a specially trained physio, might be able to offer some help. After heart problems, you do need to be careful and not do too much. I hope you find an answer. Love Sue
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Handsy

sorry to hear that you're feeling so low. Are you on beta blockers? I know these tend to make you sweat profusely. Speak to your Gp
    you may be able to try something else. I was on a new high blood pressure (heart med) and all I had to do was walk 4 steps and I was soaked in sweat. I know some of these meds can make you feel this way.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you start to feel better after a trip to your doctor.

Regards
    Sharmaine

handsy wrote:
    Hello to all the gang, hope everyone is feeling OK(ish). Due to my recent problems with my heart. I have had some real problems with sweat just really soaked. I can't walk any distance now I am really tired very quickly. I am becoming more and more depressed things are starting to feel impossible to complete. I know I have to just get on with it but as we all know its damn hard. :(
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi handsy

Just repeating what others have said , take your time to do things.

please don't get depressed keep smiling :) i know its hard
    but we are all behind you

juliepf x
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    I think it's all been said but I wanted to send you (((hugs))) as well. Take it easy and build up slowly. xx