Exhibiting again

livinglegend
livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
edited 24. Sep 2010, 15:48 in Community Chit-chat archive
There is a Macmillan Coffee Morning this Friday, 24th Sept at the Forest Arts Centre, Walsall and your very own Livinglegend has been allocated a space as part of an art exhibition.

I should be there in person from 10-12 and if anyone wishes to see my latest paintings, (hopefully space for about 6), AND meet the artist in person. Then please come along.

Despite my humble request t2328.gif I have been asked to point out that meeting the artist is not a necessary part of attendance or viewing.

Joseph 8)
Josephm0310.gif

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I am going to come for sure!!!!!!!!!!!

Which one is it?

Is it the new one???

Love

Toni xx

Exited!!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Miss Daisy regrets she's unable to attend that day - Joseph (to the tune of Miss Otis regrets etc etc etc ) Sorry, livinglegend, I live too far away. Once the exhibition is done tho, would you post one or two on here for us to see? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Oh Joseph
    I for one would love to meet you, wish I could come and see your paintings, but its a bit to far away.
    Good Luck with the exhibition
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • livinglegend
    edited 22. Sep 2010, 11:08
    frogmorton wrote:

Which one is it?
    Is it the new one???
    Love
    Toni xx
    Exited!!
    Not the new one unfortunately, Forest Art Centre is tucked away in Hawbush Road, Leamore, WS3 1AG

Turn off the B4210, Bloxwich Road into Beeches Road, then Right into Elm Road, Straight on into Hawbush Road and its immediately on your right with a big green fence, take the second gate for parking, B Car Park.

The entrance is in the corner angle of the two buildings after you have parked.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • livinglegend
    delboy wrote:
    Should have posted this yesterday and I could have made time to do a critique as Walsall isn't far from me.
    Swizz! spaces were only really finalised yesterday pm. Perhaps another time?

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton wrote:

Which one is it?
    Is it the new one???
    Love
    Toni xx
    Exited!!
    Not the new one unfortunately, Forest Art Centre is tucked away in Hawbush Road, Leamore, WS3 1AG

Turn off the B4210, Bloxwich Road into Beeches Road, then Right into Elm Road, Straight on into Hawbush Road and its immediately on your right with a big green fence, take the second gate for parking, B Car Park. The entrance is in the corner angle of the two buildings.

Joseph 8)

Cheers!

See you there - promise :D

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    delboy wrote:
    delboy wrote:
    Should have posted this yesterday and I could have made time to do a critique as Walsall isn't far from me.
    Swizz! spaces were only really finalised yesterday pm. Perhaps another time?

Joseph 8)

I'll try and be there, depends if I can get someone to take my silver surfers class for me.

Do go if you can Del!

would like to meet you too :)

Love

Toni xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    hi would have loved to come but at work and no idea where it is lol but good luck hope all goes well for you val
    val
  • frogmorton
    Walsalish Val in the midlands - anywhere near?

Love

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    delboy wrote:
    Wahay!

No Silver Surfers Friday so I'll be there.

Brilliant!
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    It's too far for me, too........but I would like to see some more of them, Joseph.

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Joseph Cannot be there as I live in London but if they are like the paintings you have shown us before I'm sure they are excellant.

Joseph what have you done? Any of the ones that Joan bought they were beautiful, stunning.

Trish xxx
  • livinglegend
    trisher wrote:
    Joseph what have you done? Any of the ones that Joan bought they were beautiful, stunning.

Trish xxx
    I won't be exhibiting the ones that Joan bought, as they are no longer mine.

Some that I have put online will be there, but not all those shown at http://www.greatwyrley.org.uk/paint2010.html

There are some totally new ones to exhibit as well. Still deciding which!!!! a015.gif

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    aww such a shame I don't live over that way yet, I know where it is but alas still live in Nottingham so won't be able to make it! You'll have to do another one when I'm living over there!

Lou
    -x-
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • loopylou
    loopylou Member Posts: 175
    Just had a look at the paintings on your link. Did you show any of your paintings at the carnival in summer (the one behind the Star Inn) looking at them reminded me that there was an exhibition of paintings in the scout hut.
    Lou
    -x-
    Just keep plodding along singing a song
  • livinglegend
    loopylou wrote:
    Just had a look at the paintings on your link. Did you show any of your paintings at the carnival in summer (the one behind the Star Inn) looking at them reminded me that there was an exhibition of paintings in the scout hut.
    Lou-x-
    No, that must have been some people from a different group who also show their paintings in the area, but I am not a member of them.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • trisher
    Annie

I have seen some of Joseph's paintings. They are excellant, so striking.

Hope you haven taken photo's of these Joseph and Good Luck.

Trish xx
  • trisher
    Joseph

Just seen them. Congratulations they are really really good. My favourite is the Roman Bridge one.

I like them all though, I love the way you capture the sea you bring it to life.

What paintings do you like doing the sea?

As I said have or will you do one in London??? There are many galleries there.

Trish x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Joseph

Good luck with your exhibition. Sorry that I can't be there, but at least I can enjoy looking at my own two paintings done by you, and I am very fortunate that I have had the pleasure of meeting the artist.

Joan :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • livinglegend
    trisher wrote:
    What paintings do you like doing the sea?

As I said have or will you do one in London??? There are many galleries there.

Trish x
    I don't think I will be doing an exhibition in London, bit too far for me and it is expensive to hire gallery space or you have to be really well connected and part of the London arty crowd.

What paintings do you like doing the sea?I tend to prefer a moderate sea. Not mirror smooth as it can be a bit boring or too stormy as it can then get over-dramatic. So, its a balancing act to get the level right. But you need some waves in paintings to give the appearance of realistic movement. I think that was what you asked?

I did see a painting on Monday, where the artist had painted the sea as a sharp mirror reflection of the scene above and it looked so thoughtlessly contrived and unreal it spoiled the whole effect of her otherwise striking work.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Hello livinglegend, just popped in today to say I hope it all goes smoothly and that you do get to meet a couple of the forum members - now that IS a daunting prospect! Enjoy the day. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    hi what great pictures any one who can get movement in one picture and still water on another is truly a good artist well done they look great sorry can not be with you but wish you well val
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Hi just popped in to say good luck with your paintings.
    I have just looked at them. They are brilliant, wish I could paint like that.

JuliePF x
  • valval
    so glad it went so well and some of us could get there wish had not been working well done joseph val
    val