Can I have a badge???

Options
robertls
robertls Member Posts: 2,304
edited 22. Sep 2010, 06:05 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just got back from Rheumy Appnt...

Looks like I can add an OA badge to the RA one.......

X-rays show damage to right hip.......

Soooooo....why does the left one hurt......????

And a few other piddling things came to light as well........

Hoo Hum!!!!!!

Right......onwards and upwards.......

ROb x
Roba045.gif

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 21. Sep 2010, 12:10
    Options
    The left might hurt more as you are taking the strain on it as you walk, as the right one possibly won't do what you want it to do. OA and RA? Are you going for the full set? I shall dig thro my Girl Guides bag (do they still exist? not the bag, the guides) and see what I have. Poor you, tho, how miserable. I am so sorry. DD

I've just noticed your post number - 1066. Are you in for a battle Rob? :D
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    DD is likely right Rob

You'll be using the other one instinctively to compensate :? Be careful.

What kid of badge are you after??

Like a blue Peter one or something?

Or a jim'll fix it medal?

Love

Toni xx
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    DD yep girl guides still exist, been a unit leader for a few years but taken a back seat now. if you dig deep enough in your bag you will find lots of badges in there.

sorry you have both RA and OA, the others are right about your hip be careful as it sounds like your compensating for the weaker hip. hope they sort you out soon xxx hugs
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I'm a bit suspicious, Rob.........I know you, you are a man! What other 'little piddling things'?

Sorry if I'm being too forward........but curiosity has got the better of me. It could be anything from the Black Death to dandruff..........

Oh, I've put your badge in the post........is that OK?

Annie
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Doesn't the word 'piddling' explain it? Rob is being modest! I tried to find that Belgian weeing boy on cosgan - no joy! DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh Rob...I hope you are not in to much pain...never mind this lots...they are being naughty again :roll:
    Rob like they said you can get pain in your other hip, or if you are like me my hip pain started in my knee :?
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • robertls
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    I'm a bit suspicious, Rob.........I know you, you are a man! What other 'little piddling things'?

Sorry if I'm being too forward........but curiosity has got the better of me. It could be anything from the Black Death to dandruff..........

Oh, I've put your badge in the post........is that OK?

Annie

Lets say its Worse than dandruff........

And not what you are thinking...........Naughty Annie...
    Roba045.gif
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Naughty but nice..............is there anything worse than dandruff? Well, I suppose there is that disease where you come out all over in red lumps...........but that can mean other things too, come to think of it!

Annie - confused.
  • robertls
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    Naughty but nice..............is there anything worse than dandruff? Well, I suppose there is that disease where you come out all over in red lumps...........but that can mean other things too, come to think of it!

Annie - confused.

You mean red lumps isn't normal??????? burger
    Roba045.gif
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Rob

Sorry to see this, and that you have another achey bit to deal with there. Am still away from home at the mo, but will try and catch up properly when I get home Thursday. Weird DD should mention 1066, I've been to Hastings for the day today. (cue spooky music!! :shock: )
    Take care Rob, am leaving a hug or two and suggest we get to that island pretty soon where arther can't follow us. ((( )))
    Hang in there.
    Chris
  • annie_mial
    Options
    robertls wrote:
    annie_mial wrote:

Annie - confused.

You mean red lumps isn't normal??????? burger

No........sorry..........now if they were black or green.........and of course it depends on the um, er .......location of the first one..........

Annie
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning Rob, I hope you are feeling less achy today - hoping in vain, probably, but I thought I'd try! DD
  • angie1973
    angie1973 Member Posts: 248
    Options
    Gosh, I find coping with OA bad enough, never mind OA and RA, and your other piddling things as well!

Still, there is a lot to be said for the gut determination on here, and I'm sure you are no different, but hope you are not suffering too much.

I agree about the left side hurting because you are compensating. I get the same a fair bit on my left knee as it's always compensating for my right one and hip etc.

Pain ain't it!
    Ange..xx

Only 99.9% possessed by the giggle monster.........the other 0.01 % just eats chocolate..
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Hi Rob

Just checking in :)

has your badge arrived yet?

How's the dandruff?

Love

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Rob
    Just saw this this morning.....I agree....you are compensating by putting all your weight on the good leg and its objecting LOL take it from one that knows....1 THR and waiting for the other one to be done :oops:
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Rob

Sorry to hear that you've got both RA and OA. Arthritis is a real pain! You've got the double whammy.

I'm an OA sufferer so welcome to the club. Dubious membership rules - everyone is in pain at his club!

Wear your badge(s) with pride.

Sharmaine

robertls wrote:
    Just got back from Rheumy Appnt...

Looks like I can add an OA badge to the RA one.......

X-rays show damage to right hip.......

Soooooo....why does the left one hurt......????

And a few other piddling things came to light as well........

Hoo Hum!!!!!!

Right......onwards and upwards.......

ROb x