neuroma ???

Options
saggyoldbagpuss
saggyoldbagpuss Member Posts: 55
edited 22. Sep 2010, 10:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Has anyone had problems with trapped nerve/tendon in their foot?

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Saggy,

I am sorry you have this. I got a few nerves that are 'unhappy' in my feet but they are intermittent so I am lucky. In my case they have done about as much as they can surgically and thy tell me there isn't much they can do so I don't really know what is being effected but in my case I am so luckily as its not all the time.

Have they given you any suggestions? Cris x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    hi,
    I have morton's neuroma in my right foot.

Is that the sort of thing you mean? I had ultralsound for it to be comfirmed.
    I'm holding out on injections at the moment and have found that insoles are keeping it at bay.

Lv, Ix
  • saggyoldbagpuss
    saggyoldbagpuss Member Posts: 55
    Options
    Same as the RA i haven't yet had results back, but over the past few weeks I've had such a pain in my right foot feels like my toes are on a tight eleastic and it pulls/feels like snapping and like ive a lump there (of course there isnt anything there) especially when i put any pressure on it? have been using Algesal given to me by my GP who says I should wait to see consultant.......

Is this just another thing related to RA?

Regards
    Michele
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Back in 97 I had developed a lump on the ball of my left foot which made walking very painful. This was in February and March of that year. In the April the lump went and my left knee started inflating. It's been a gentle (and occasionally not-so-gentle) decline ever since. I remember reading that a lump under the foot was common before the onset of RA, especially in women. The lump has never returned, but the arthritis is now in both kness, both ankles, both feet and both sacro-iliac joints. I think the lump was related to the onset of my arthritis. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • deborahjane
    deborahjane Member Posts: 120
    Options
    years ago i had a lump on my foot and it was agony,it was pressing on a nerve, i had to go and get it removed,they said it was a neurofibroma,(i think) it was a couple of weeks after op when i started getting signs of RA in my feet then hands etc,was confirmed after blood test,im convinced this is what started the ra off,as i had infection in my foot after,and i have read it can start after infection.hope you get sorted, :)
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    Hi Saggy, I had a morton's neuroma in my foot. At least that was what the GP said at the time. 6 months later I developed inflammatory arthritis and the pain fluctuates according to the drugs I'm on. So, I don't think I had one....think I was getting arthritis instead.

The lump sounds as if you might have one. My gp gave me a sort of elasticated thing with a pad on - very unsightly, the kind of thing you might see in a geriatric ward lying under the bed and you'd wonder what it was for! It helped a bit but used to strangle my toes. I bought just about everything going on the internet that said it was for a neuroma and they were a complete waste of money. Esp the gel pads. I've got some unused if you want to try them. If you PM me with your address I'll put them in the post for you.