Expensive milk

Options
cthornley
cthornley Member Posts: 627
edited 23. Sep 2010, 17:21 in Community Chit-chat archive
Decided to be the kind samaritan and pop out for the office milk this morning.....got milk and a huge nail in my tire in Asda
by the time I got back to the office the tire was completely flat :cry:
had to get the spare put on...the green flag guy just rolled his eyes and said he didn't know why girls find it so hard to change a tire :x
Grrr I know HOW to change one but as i cant even open my bottle of coke theres no chance I'd get the wheel nuts off let alone jack up my car and hoy car tires about!!!!

Then I got the pleasure of spending my whole lunchtime sitting in the garage on patio furniture waiting for them to fix it

several pounds later and it was all sorted
Last time I pop out for milk for a while me thinks
Chrissie

Comments

• carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh isn't that just the way. You do a five minute task and it all goes wrong. As for the green flag guy saying that, i'd say i'm just using the service i pay for!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Condescending prat. If I recall correctly you are a delicate girl aren't you - not like me, tall and fat, thanks to a 6' 4" father and daily steroids. I hope you sweetly pointed out that he would struggle with giving birth, something you have managed without breaking sweat - OK, probably not quite true but you get my drift! I hope it is all fixed now and that your teas and coffees taste even better. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    Options
    ooooh i hate those kind of days, those unexpected things that you could really do without and what a horrible man!!

hope you're next cup of tea/coffee is more enjoyable! x
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Chrissie, Green Flag obviously breed em!

During last Winter`s awful weather, my battery died on me, right in the middle of Tesco car park.

When he arrived, the Green Flag man said "Didn`t you think to have your battery checked in this weather"? I was freezing, and in pain, so I replied "What, and ruin your opinion of women in general. My car, I drive it, you fix it!".......Ange.
  • Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    Hi Chrissie

Oh flat tyres - such a pain. I had one a few weeks ago. I went away for the weekend and also had a massive nail in it. Luckily someone changed it for me. But then I had to drive home - only doing 40 mph as it was a temporary tyre and I had to drive down dual carriageways for about 50 miles. It was so dangerous - I was waiting for someone to bump into the back of me.

Fayann xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    OH Chrissie,

what a prat! (not you the green flag man :wink: )

perhaps he'd like to try swapping places for half an hour? no .... thought not :roll:

why does he think he's got a job :? :? if it wasn't for all of us paying to be in the service then he'd be out of work :roll: :roll: :roll:

sorry your day was one of those that go down on the list of ones to remember for all the wrong reasons :(

hugs for a better day tomorrow

WOnky
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    High Wonky, high girls

Sorry you have had such aggrevations. I have to listen to my OH joking about me being too short to reach to top shelvesin the kitchen. Just because he is tall and planned the kitchen long before I married him, it's not fair. Men are so tackless at times.

Joy