just come back from school

Options
jordansmum
jordansmum Member Posts: 257
edited 22. Sep 2010, 14:20 in Living with Arthritis archive
hi all , i have just come back from a meeting at the school and they were really supportive i put an info pack together thanks DD :D and was lucky enough to see the school nurse as well .Jordan had filled in the section in the chat to teachers mag that asks what he finds differcult to do at school they have photocopied this and are now getting in touch with the rhumatology team to push for a ot assesment at the school, so all in all a good meeting :D:D now time for a well earned cuppa.

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    I`m really pleased that it went well for you and Jordan. I hope that the OT assessment brings some thngs which will make school life easier for him.
    NB
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw, a very well earned cuppa indeed. :) I am so pleased and relieved to hear that you are being heard at Jordan's school and hopefully from now on you can all work as a team to make his life at school more pleasant and this will probably help him generally too.
    Power to you and well done and good on DD for her brilliant idea of an info pack. :D

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hi jordansmum, I am glad it all went well. I think you would be a wise mother to keep a check on all the promises etc, things are often said that then get forgotten and missed. A gloom merchant? Me? Never let it be said! I hope Jordan is OK today, and that school has been kind to him in all areas. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Well done you (both)

good job done :D

Lets hope the OT gets there asap and life can be made way easier for Jordan at school.

Love

Toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi jordans mum

Glad the meeting went well for you, yes you deserve the cuppa

This will make you and jordn feel a whole lot happier knowing the teachers understand and will now be a bit more helpful.

Hope jordan comes home happy

Hugs to you both ((((())))

juliepf x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,940
    Options
    Hi Jordan and mum.
    i'm pleased some thing his being done for Jordan.
    i'm sure it will make him feel better with everything.
    you enjoy your cuppa.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • jordansmum
    jordansmum Member Posts: 257
    Options
    hi guy's thanks for the replies yes DD i will be keeping an eye on things because i have already been to the school before but i think that because they were in the middle of changing hands they were not that interested that changes from now on or they will get me there with my boxing gloves on lol :shock: not very pretty (bright yellow with marigolds written on them) 8) .I think the school nurse being there helped to because she new alot of the side effects from medication and so forth.
    Jordan is pleased to i am hoping this puts his mind at rest knowing that finally things are happening lets hope the ot dept do not take to long because as the school says a letter is no good they need a proper assesment, lets hope i don't need my boxing gloves again . Well hope everyone is well xxjenny
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Jordansmum,

So pleased if went well at the school today and that they really listened to what you had to say. Glad Jordan was pleased too. Hopefully you won't need those pretty boxing gloves!

Love Tilly xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Well done Jordan's mum, a successful meeting - with important info shared and plans in place for where to next. Jordan can only benefit. You earned that cuppa!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Keep 'em handy, you just never know. Best wishes to you both. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi jenny

That sounds very promising indeed..what a relief..

Best wishes

Marion