DLA-very confused

Options
daylily
daylily Member Posts: 619
edited 23. Sep 2010, 06:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi. A few weeks ago I wrote to DLA saying that , with the help of the pain clinic, I considered that I no longer qualified for max. mobility allowance.
I got a letter back thanking me and saying when the DLA payment was being stopped from.
All OK I thought.
Not so. Today I received a phone call telling me that they want me to re-apply for DLA.
I've got to fill the form in, send it back and the powers that be will decide if I qualify again.
I am really really confused. I thought I was doing the right thing letting them know. :? :?
Has anyone else ever had this 'problem' :?:

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi....No dont qualify for anykind of DLA.....but I would have thought you were doing the right thing.?????? Who knows

Love
    Hileena
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Options
    All that is happening is that their form will be more detailed than your letter and I expect they will hold you to it in the future? Long term illness can be confusing, was the pain you felt 10mins ago, the same as pain 10 months ago or 10weeks ago?

You may think you need to be more circumspect about your life ahead when reporting small changes, will your abilities stay the same or deteriorate? or is this a short term blip?

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • bubbles
    bubbles Member Posts: 6,508
    Options
    Hi daylily

As has been said, I think they want you to put this in writing, so that they can use it in future, should you need to re-apply for mobility payments. Just be careful what you put and how you word it. It is great that the pain clinic is helping though.
    XXXX Bubbles
    XX Aidan (still known as Bubbles).
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    How about re=applying for minimum mobility? That way you are still in the system should - and whoever-forbid - things worsen again. Any form of arthritis is an on-going condition. I think you did the honourable thing, but in this day and age, that often back-fires. Hmmm, it is a dilemma, isn't it? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • daylily
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    How about re=applying for minimum mobility? That way you are still in the system should - and whoever-forbid - things worsen again. Any form of arthritis is an on-going condition. I think you did the honourable thing, but in this day and age, that often back-fires. Hmmm, it is a dilemma, isn't it? DD

Maybe that's what they're after. But on the letter I got back it said you could re-apply within 1 year without having to go through the whole rigmarole=WOW there's an amazing rainbow just appeared right out the front-it' dropping into the sea= sorry DD, got carried away there. I'm mighty suspicious though.
    Do I re-apply and they turn me down so it looks like they're doing their job :?:
    Might just not fill the form in and see what they come back with.
    :roll: :roll: :roll:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    You can see the sea? **** the DLA, that is much more interesting! :D (And that was meant to be a joke) Whereabouts are you? I have sea near me but can't see it as I am 10 miles inland, which is dull. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi daylily
    Maybe they have gone over your letter again, you reapply, hopefully you will get it back, depending on how much the pain clinic has helped.
    Good luck with it
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • daylily
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    You can see the sea? **** the DLA, that is much more interesting! :D (And that was meant to be a joke) Whereabouts are you? I have sea near me but can't see it as I am 10 miles inland, which is dull. DD

We're in North wales. About 70 feet from the sea wall :!:
    It's magical. :D
    It wasn't when the rest of the prom flood earlier in the year.
    Luckily my landlady's is about 1foot higher than the other houses.
    It was just creeping up the path when the tide turned.
    There is a serpent in every paradise isn't there :?:
    Still worth it.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    How utterly fabulous. I am green with envy but still smiling - just. :mrgreen: Forced or what?! Right, thinking about the DLA thing, I wouldn't opt out of the system altogether, I think you should leave yourself a way back in, but that is only my opinion. It's not worth much! Take care. DD
  • daylily
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    How utterly fabulous. I am green with envy but still smiling - just. :mrgreen: Forced or what?! Right, thinking about the DLA thing, I wouldn't opt out of the system altogether, I think you should leave yourself a way back in, but that is only my opinion. It's not worth much! Take care. DD

Value your opinion DD. Read all your posts. I just get very jittery with government departments, I think we all do going off this forum
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    dont know if this is of any help, but i was told with these forms you always put it down what its like on a really bad day, and as for the D.L.A i think it seems as if it depends on who deals with your claim, as with me they started off saying i wasnt going to get anything ziltch and then when i challenged it i got a letter saying they were going to award me high rate mobility, so i wonder what went on there, it seems as if they dont know if they are coming or going, mind you i got my local C A B to help me and just phoned them when i got a letter and they dealt with it for me.
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Everyone gets the jitters when dealing with the government - including members of said government! It can be a nightmare, so remember to photocopy everything, keep accurate records of phone calls etc, keep everyone in the loop, and just try to do your best. I applaud you for your honesty - I just hope it doesn't go against you. Mull it over for a couple of days. There is no rush, after all. Perhaps the CAB could help too - they do have very knowledgeable people working for them. DD