swollen elbow ???

Options
lavenderlady
lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
edited 23. Sep 2010, 03:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
yesterday I had a stress test done on my heart scan, it was very uncomfortable with my chest feeling i had an elephant sitting on it and very breathless and hot , when they tried to put the iv in my right hand it would not go through properly so they then used my inside of my elbow right side, now this is the same hand I had a leak of Insulin when i was in hospital last oct for an op, my hand adn arm swelled up to look totally horrific, the thiong is do any of suffer with leaking or swollen veins which is part of having arther, just seems wierd my veins play up now, also my left elbow is swollen hot and very very sore any ideas why I have been told I have OA the lady who did a scan a while ago said i had more then OA any ideas would stop me worrying myself probably over nothing

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Lavendar Lady
    Sorry I'm no help with this but i've just been told the same thing...8 yrs ago OA in spine and hips...1 THR and 1 due in a couple of weeks and he suddenly decideds...blood tests to see if I've got any other kind of arthur and an mRI to see if its my back rather than hips or as well as. I'm left totally confused as well.

Love
    hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I take it you are diabetic, do you inject? This would place an extra strain on your veins, perhaps, but I think veins deteriorate as we age anyway. I have no idea if arthritis plays a part in this: if your left elbow is hot and swollen then that is probably fluid, nothing to do with circualtion. Fluid can gather anywhere at anytime and not necessarily be related to arthritis. If you are worried then go and see your doc. I hope you passed the stress test etc. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben