MRI RESULTS

Options
wendylou
wendylou Member Posts: 88
edited 23. Sep 2010, 06:09 in Living with Arthritis archive
:wink: Hi everyone i have not been on for a while, so i thought i whould let you know how i got on with my MRI results it was a waste of time really for what she told me ime sure could have been said over the phone as i had to get a taxi there struggled on my crutches, anyway the results were to see which nerve was trapped in my spine i got the the good news that there was nothing sinister there but one off the disc has got a slight bulge which is touching the nerve and irritating it hence the deadness i get in my leg, then she went on to tell me that i have got progressive wear and tear in my spine and went on to tell me they cant opperate and there is nothing they can do as i have OA in both hips and knees, so i said that means just keep taking the tablets she asked what tablets i take and said if they stop working to go to the GP and get them changed,she did say it whould not be to bad if had one thing wrong but that ime very unfortunate to have tripple the pain, and also i have to use my wheelchair more so when i got home i was in alot of pain and i had a word with wheelchair and said that he has to serve me well, i was hoping to come off some tablets but no, :cry: so i have to carry on untill my hips get worse and then they will have to do something, Oh well carry on sorry to go on has anyone else been through this instead of going forward i have been put back,sorry for rabbiting take care all.Wendylou x.

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh wendylou!

that's a lot to take in .....and not such good news. :(

I'm sorry you've got all this to cope with...... did they not say they could do anything about the bulging disc? I had a micro- discectomy to help with similar pressure on the nerves in my back/ leg.

maybe speak with your doc about the results and the meds you are on.... very hard to suffer so and have to 'wait' for any kind of ops.

I wish I could suggest something more constructive.

love and (((hugs)))

Iris xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi, Can they not do anything =with the disc??? Thats what I'm waiting for ...result of back x ray and THR cant go ahead if my back needs "treated" it will be done first
    I would hve thought they could have done something......I've got OA in hips and spine

Sorry not much help

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Hey Wend

see you GP - my friend had I think what Iris had - the disc can be sorted then you only have hips to worry about :shock:

No way can you accept this :(

Love and ((((())))))

Toni xx (a bit upset for you :( )
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I'm sorry you've not got a clear result, which would lead to some treatment to help you. Still, one way to look at it is that you don't have anything horrible to worry about!!! I think, if you're like me, you feel a bit lost now, a sense of being through all that and having nothing to show for it, but at least it means that some things the docs can cross off and that may help them find the answer. I do hope so.
    Love Sue