mattresses

Options
marooned
marooned Member Posts: 68
edited 27. Sep 2010, 11:49 in Living with Arthritis archive
GOING OFF TO BUY A MATTRESS ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO GET WAS THINKING OF A POCKET SPRUNG ONE ITS FOR MY DAUGHTER

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Does she have arthritis? Is she with you to try them? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marooned
    Options
    YE SHE HAS RA AND YES SHE IS WITH US XX JUST NOT SURE WOT TO GET THE POCKET SPRUNG LOOKS GOOD AND SEEMS OK WHEN I READ UP ON IT , WOT ABOUT ORTHAPEDIC ?
  • jordansmum
    jordansmum Member Posts: 257
    Options
    hi jordan came with us to buy his new matress he chose an orthopedic one hope this helps , he finds it very comfy.
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi marooned

Have you got a memory foam mattress topper? They really help to cushion aching joints. I know they sell memory foam mattresses. I bought my new mattress online (saved a lot of money) - I had a look in the shops first decided what I wanted and ordered it online when I got home.

Good luck with your search.

Sharmaine

marooned wrote:
    GOING OFF TO BUY A MATTRESS ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO GET WAS THINKING OF A POCKET SPRUNG ONE ITS FOR MY DAUGHTER
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    I started with a memory foam mattress topper and it was so good I then bought the memory foam mattress itself. They're not as expensive as they sound either if you look around.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I think the answer is based on two things: what she finds most comfortable and your budget! Don't rush: she has to spend at least half an hour lying on each bed to find out which is the best. Pushing your hand onto the mattress isn't enough, neither is a swift lie down! Mr DD and I took books with us when we were choosing, as sadly, that's mostly what we do in bed nowadays - read! I hope she finds a good one. DD
  • marooned
    Options
    thanks everyone will let you no the outcome xx :)
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Good luck Marroned and Marooned's daughter - hope you find the perfect one AND can afford it :shock:

Love

Toni xx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    I wonder what she will choose?

I was very comfy on an orthopedic mattress and also a pocket sprung mattress until OA doing it's worst and I needed an op - then I added on a memory foam mattress topper.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • marooned
    Options
    went to BHS they had some nice ones in so we were sitting and lying on them. off to co-op when i finish today to have a look what they have got
  • marooned
    Options
    TRIED LOADS OF MATTRESSES THE ONE WE ARE GOING FOR IS A SEALY POSTURPEDIC LATEX TOPPED MATTRESS WHICH SHE LIKED :)
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Good, I am glad your search was successful. I hope she sleeps well! DD
  • marooned
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Good, I am glad your search was successful. I hope she sleeps well! DD
    THANKYOU
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    I hope it really makes her sleep better Marooned well done and of coures that it didnt break the bank :)

Love

Toni xx