Whoops

Options
tonesp
tonesp Member Posts: 844
edited 25. Sep 2010, 04:35 in Living with Arthritis archive
Before I retired I used to teach Maths As I said in an earlier topic I am having my new hip on Monday In the same call they said I was to have another blood test on the 24th Using my trusty fingers I worked out that that was today.Got my wife up at 7 to drive me to the hospital registered and was told that my appointment was for the 24th but that's tomorrow.Oh Dear Glad I have an understanding wife Probably forgiven but not forgotten :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,424
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    What you gonna give her to make up for THAT gaff then tone??

Hah!!

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Teaching maths is advanced stuff. Working out calendar dates is waaaaay beneath your abilities as a brainy **** wot can do big counting and everyfink. (That is all typed with affection tonesp!) It is so easy to muddle appointments - we all have so many of them! Never mind, no harm done, it got you out and about and the lady wife is not grumpy - just remember to go tomorrow! And on the 27th! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    What a lovely wife you have

That deserves a nice bunch of flowers I think

Oh and let her handle your app infuture we are much better at it :lol:

juliepf x ps hope you are well
  • tonesp
    Options
    Have to agree thanks for all the nice(ish) comments My fingers are normally 99.9% accurate When I can reach them again I will try my toes :wink:
  • nanarose
    nanarose Member Posts: 117
    Options
    :lol: Nearly done that myself, if my daughter hadn't sorted me out. :oops:
    Mine would have been a 30 mile round trip for zilch treatment, and maximum embarrassment!

If you need extra fingers to count on, you can borrow mine, if you like!
    :mrgreen:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Base 7 - it's a killer. DD I can manage base 10 and 12, and most other even ones, but 7? Nasty. You have a lot on your mind tonesp, it's the biggy on Monday - are you all set for it? DD
  • tonesp
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Base 7 - it's a killer. DD I can manage base 10 and 12, and most other even ones, but 7? Nasty. You have a lot on your mind tonesp, it's the biggy on Monday - are you all set for it? DD
    Hiya DD ready to go Done a couple of big shops this week so my non Spanish speaking wife is well stocked up.Don't know what this next blood test is for as the doctor said my last ones were perfect.I wonder if you have to donate a pint of your own blood.Let you know tomorrow.This round trip today was 60 KM All multibase maths is simple But Binary needs an awful lot of space :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I wish you all the best for Monday, tonesp. I am away this weekend so won't be about here, please get in touch as soon as you can to let us know how you are doing. I will be thinking of you. Good luck! DD
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Tonesp

Just to say all the best for Monday ... you will be fine ... I had mine done in early May and it's brilliant, compared to how I was before.

Marion
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Set the alarm for tomorrow, wont you?!

Then a lie in and a cuppa in bed for the good wife Saturday and Sunday to make up!!

Good luck for your op - looking forward to hearing about your rehab!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Good Luck for Monday
    Will be thinking of you and looking forward to hearing from you afterwards

Love
    Hileena
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Good luck for monday .

If it makes you feel better i went to the bank about 10 miles away, hobbled down to the bank, stood in queue looked in bag to get card out ready to pay money in, :oops: :oops: no card :oops: it was in other bag, had to confess to OH who had driven me there. :oops:

o well. He was understanding :)

all the best with your appointments :)

Rose x
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi tonesp

:lol::lol: You need a better calendar than those fingers of yours!
    It happens to the best of us!
    Sharmaine

[