mike JR update

mike77
mike77 Member Posts: 879
edited 26. Sep 2010, 12:20 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi All At last mike Jr has appointment date for his operation 26th O ctober, it says on the letter that his surgery is going to be in the afternoon . We just got home from his sleep eeg the moment we opened the door we saw the letters in the hall , I thought the letter from the same hospital I attend for my oa was for me but It was for mike JR , he was not happy to hear that it will be soon , took a while to calm him down but thank god we did , it turns out he is scared incase it goes wrong ( I think he watches too many holby and causality programmes) he is a bit more relaxed about the operation now.

then the phone went and it was mikes teacher asking if he was ok, it turns out mike is falling asleep and when he awakes cant remember much , she said had I noticed this at home , to wish I said no , but he might be worried about the up and coming operation. she said I was worried about him when he was not at school today , I told her he had an eeg done .

I thought that was nice of her Mike JR was all smiles when he heared .

Mike R & Hazel& MIke JR
Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi mike77, it sounds as tho you have your hands full! How old is your son and what op is he having? What did the sleep eeg discover or don't you know the results yet? I wish you all well - new car soon for you! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Mike

I am pleased you have a date finally now you can make plans.

I am glad he has had his eeg - incase the sleepiness is his epilepsy?! :shock:

I think the teacher is lovely and you can trust her - Mike must have been touched.

Glad you found out his worries Mike - you can give him lots and lots of reassurance now cant you?

Please take care

Love To you All hazel and Mike Jnr too :D

Toni xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Mike

I am pleased you have a date finally now you can make plans.

I am glad he has had his eeg - incase the sleepiness is his epilepsy?! :shock:

I think the teacher is lovely and you can trust her - Mike must have been touched.

Glad you found out his worries Mike - you can give him lots and lots of reassurance now cant you?

Please take care

Love To you All hazel and Mike Jnr too :D

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    Hi Mike
    Mike Jr will be a bit sacred, its only normal bless him, how many ops has he had now, I know they are correcting his foot, but didn't he have the other one done.
    Hopefully he will be able to get round a lot more, how nice that is teacher rang you, it must put your mind at rest knowing that they are watching out for him.
    Give him some hugs from me (((((())))
    love to you all
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • mike77
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Mike
    Mike Jr will be a bit sacred, its only normal bless him, how many ops has he had now, I know they are correcting his foot, but didn't he have the other one done.
    Hopefully he will be able to get round a lot more, how nice that is teacher rang you, it must put your mind at rest knowing that they are watching out for him.
    Give him some hugs from me (((((())))
    love to you all
    Barbara xx
    He had his first op in 2006 to cut the tendons , the consultant saw that his balance was bad so decided to do the other foot by shortening the leg so both legs will be the same height , the consultant said he might have this big long ( I hate them long words )as every thing that he did the last time has come back, hopefully he is wrong and the test is clear or it means he will go through life having operations ( so we dont want that for him )

thank you for reading my post :):):):)
    Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Mike

I wish Mike jnr good luck for his operation. He is bound to be scared isn't he.

Please let us know how he is won't you?

Love Trish xxx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Hi Mike

I'm glad to hear that you have the date for Mike Jr's operation. It will be a worrying time for you, but I'm sure that your son will benefit from the surgery.

His teacher sounds very nice. It makes a difference to a child to know that his teacher cares about him.

All the best

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mike77
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Hi mike77, it sounds as tho you have your hands full! How old is your son and what op is he having? What did the sleep eeg discover or don't you know the results yet? I wish you all well - new car soon for you! DD
    its all go here now , so glad for mike JR that they can fix his leg for a while , he does not complain when its sore , I can tell its hurting him .

Dont have the results of the sleep eeg yet , they said they will send the video of him to the doctor, and they will inform the gp .

thanks for asking

just back from tesco and got some funny looks cause I was on a mobility scooter ( thats there problem)as long as it gets me from A to B thats all I care .
    Mike R & Hazel & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Hi Mike,
    I have just spent 2 days in hospital with my 6 year old. We were worried too but knew an op had to be done in order to move on. I was in tears after leaving her asleep in theatre, worried incase things went wrong but in the end definately worth it.
    There will be other children in the ward and games to play. Lucy was up painting and making things and better than school. It is just the worry that makes it difficult.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mike77
    tkachev wrote:
    Hi Mike,
    I have just spent 2 days in hospital with my 6 year old. We were worried too but knew an op had to be done in order to move on. I was in tears after leaving her asleep in theatre, worried incase things went wrong but in the end definately worth it.
    There will be other children in the ward and games to play. Lucy was up painting and making things and better than school. It is just the worry that makes it difficult.

Elizabeth
    god Elizabeth , it most have been very worrying time for you both , I know the last time when I went with mike JR to the therate door I said see you later , I was not worth tuppence , and when he had a operation to correct a squint , I carried him down to the oiperation room lie him on the bed , with his teddy , and when they but the mask over his wee face , I will never forget the sight of his wee body on that table . the only thing is mike JR is very shy and will not join in . the last time he was in he would not even share his comics , the other kids were very understanding god bless them , one wee girl cried because she had arthritis and thought she was going to die , she was only 7her mum was in bits.
    I hope mike JR joins in with the other kids now he is 15 years old
    Thanks for reading this post
    Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Hi Mike Hazel and Mike jr.
    it's nice to hear from you again.
    i wish Mike all the best for his op i'm sure he will feel better after it.
    take care all of you.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tkachev
    Hi Mike, that was a sad post. I remember the mask going over her face but she understood and we had got that far and werent stopping. She was told that nothing would hurt but of course taking plasters off and the straw in the hand did hurt her.My son was terrified with the mask when he had op a few years back and I remeber how terrified he looked cos he didnt understand. 2nd op he was fine as he knew what to expect so Mike might e used to things.He doesnt have to share or play...he can pull the curtains round his bed and be alone with the play station games/ TV or just sleep. Mind you the ward can be noisy at times.We had a screamer session from a child just after she dropped off to sleep after the op but she slept through the noise. Shows how tired she was from the Anaesthetic.
    I really hope Mike Junior doesnt worry too much beforehand. Let us know in October how things are with him,

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mike77
    Hi Elizabeth , Mike JR watching too much of Holby City and causalty , so I have banned thease programmes .the last time he was in for the first operation he wanted the curtains pulled round 24 hrs , I said no did is not nice the wee boy beside you likes watching your telly ( he liked the company , as he only had a mum and his step dad did not like him ) all the kids were nice but rowdy mike did not like them for this reason.

I gave the wee boy a playstation 2 game( medal of honor 2) he said can I have a game no one ever brings me a game. he was a laugh so I said when I go home to get mike JR some games I will bring you one for your self, he was so pleased , when mike was going home he wanted me to stay. As I said before all the kids were so brave .

Mike R & Hazel & MIke JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • tkachev
    How nice of you to think about that little boy with all the problems you have of your own to deal with. Sadly some children do not have such caring input.

As Mike is a little older he may find it easier this time and of course you will be able to visit him by car. I hope you have a disabled badge as parking should be free,

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • mike77
    tkachev wrote:
    How nice of you to think about that little boy with all the problems you have of your own to deal with. Sadly some children do not have such caring input.

As Mike is a little older he may find it easier this time and of course you will be able to visit him by car. I hope you have a disabled badge as parking should be free,

Elizabeth
    hi Elizabeth, like the last time I am hoping that we will be able to stay at the hospital the staff were very kind and made sure we had a beds on the ward to sleep in , somethimes it was a cubile or other times it was a ward that was emphty, mike JR is very nervous.

Mike R & Hazel & Mike JR
    Mike R & Hazel & MikeJR
  • tkachev
    Yes i stayed the night but could not sleep on the put-you-up with my arthritis so ended up curled up on the bottom of Lucy's bed with my head on a pillow on the metal end-of-bed bar. Dreadful.Not too mention the long walk to the loo, not being able to put my shoes on and off myself.....
    I think a nice room of your own would be ideal. I am sure he is nervous poor thing . It is easy to say dont be scared but he is the one going through it,

Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein