good news/bad news

Options
nanasue
nanasue Member Posts: 465
edited 23. Sep 2010, 17:06 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hello everyone,
Hope you're all having an ok day. Got my results from another lot of blood tests. The glucose in my urine was luckily just ablip, probably caused by the water infection apparently. My ESR has now gone down to 67 from 96 so that's good news, don't know if it's a result of medication change or just the end of a flare. The bad news is I'm now severely anaemic, this b****y arthur, you just get one thing sorted and something else crops up, I suppose that's sods law, he's got a lot to answer for along with arthur. It's very frustrating , the best thing to do is have a joke about it otherwise you'd be so miserable you'd be crying all the time. Hope this makes sense.

Love Sue x

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hey Sue

that's easily sorted and unfortunately definitely a byproduct of arthur :roll:

Are you having some iron tablets then?

As for the glucose - that is great and the ESR dropping is too :D

Love

Toni xx
  • stlucia
    stlucia Member Posts: 392
    Options
    Hurray for the good results and hugs for the iron result. Let's hope they can get it sorted - in the meantime eat dark chocolate and spinach!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Iron tablets help, but they can cause constipation, so make sure you have some Movicol or docusate tablets to ease that. I was anaemic for months but the iron tabs sorted it out, and it's not been a problem since. 60 something is still quite high tho - let's hope that keeps falling too. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Thats good news about the glucose
    As for the anemia, are you on iron tablets yet?
    I dont keep movicol....I keep the fridge stocked with prune juice and the cupboard stocked with prunes for iron and codeine :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Glad you've got some Good News. Sorry about the animia, but I'm sure you'll get it sorted. Lots of liver and spinage :shock: :x . :lol:

Personally give me the tablets!!! I hope all goes well for you and you'll feel better. Love Sue.xxxxx :wink:
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Hi
    Eat loads of apricots or anything that is high in vit C it helps the body to absorb iron. I have done this several times in the past when i have had low iron count due to various reasons and lots of rest to help your body to recover. Hope you feel better soon.
  • nanasue
    nanasue Member Posts: 465
    Options
    Thanks for your replies and suggestions. Yes 67 is still quite high but compared to 96 it's brilliant. Yes I have got iron tablets, the doc wants me to take 3 per day to start with till I see her again. Strangely I don't get constipation with iron (only codeine) if anyhting it's the opposite, that's me all over I can never do anything the normal way. When I have a really bad chest infection I can still blow 350 on a peak flow meter when most people would only get 200. I have an abnormal gynae problem and when I 'm having a flare I very often don't have any dicernable inflammation which is why I think they look at me like I'm telling porkies. Things like this can make it more difficult with the medical profession but I've learnt to deal with it over the years, as long as they're willing to listen it's ok.At least I'll soon start to feel better.

Sue x