I have a job interview next week!!

Options
Rainbow77
Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
edited 24. Sep 2010, 17:24 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone, I am excited but also scared.

It is a part time co-ordinator for adult education centre in the town where I live. (17.5 hours) and then I can also teach 1-2 cookery classes a week as well.

It is next wednesday. I have not got anything else in the pipeline and basically I have no income now as I earn £65 a week from 1 class, I am not entitled to Job seekers anymore as I earn more than the £57 a week the government I say need to live on. So things are a bit desperate for me.

Anyway - need to sort out what to wear,need to get hair done and write the business strategy I have to present at the interview.

Thanks everyone with their help with the threads on cv's and filling out forms on WWA forum.

Fayann xxx

Ps - can you come with me in my pockets, but you have to be really really quiet and no smells!!! xxx

Comments

• marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    HI Fayann

That sounds really good.. not too many hours either..

Good luck with the preparation for it ..

I'll be thinking about you and keeping my fingers crossed..

Marion x
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    will be thinking of you good luck with it we are here to help you through val
    val
  • sillyswede
    sillyswede Member Posts: 47
    Options
    That's fab Fayann, well done for getting an interview! How exciting!!! :D Fingers and toes will be crossed for you on Wednesday, and positive thoughts sent your way. xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    Good luck with the interview.....reporting for pocket duty :P ikt'll be a change being at an interview rather than in scans etc :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Yes, Congratulations and Good LUck. Love Sue
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    that is such good news :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

just be yourself and they are bound to realise your potential!

well done for getting to this stage after all you've been through ..... you must be so pleased that you are now well enough to be properly job-hunting.

count me in for pocket duties, and I promise I'll only bring a bucket of good luck with me :wink:

loads of hugs
    WOnky
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    Well done and good luck. I'll cross my fingers for you. Crunch! :D
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The very best of luck to you. I wish you every success. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi
    This is such good news, you will do fine a few nerve are good.
    I will be on pocket duty...just watch who else comes, some of them are quite rowdy to say the least.... :wink:
    Good Luck with it
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • pols090607
    pols090607 Bots Posts: 126
    Options
    Ah good luck - sounds fab ! Please let us know how you get on xxxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Well done and good luck

JuliePF x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options
    Great news Fayann!!!

what day are we on pocket duties then?

I like doing something interesting :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    Options
    Hi All

Thanks for all your good wishes. I have not told my family as if I don't get it, I will feel such a failure. I know they are worried about me (financial situation) but they just interrogate me about my finances and not give any emotional support.

It is next Wednesday at 10am. I went back to work last January part time into teaching, the plan was to do it for 18 months. I know that I can't get back to what I did pre arthur and I am now at the stage where I need to have a permanent job with permanent income (even if it just covers the bills) so I can settle down and move on. My 18 months is up. I know my limits and I think I will be able to manage this and it will suit me as I can use my talents.

I am just suffering from such low confidence as things did not work out for me at school. But just need to move on and start a new chapter in my life. That is exciting. I also need something a bit challenging.

Gosh - waffling now. Thanks everyone

Fayann xxx
  • denpen
    denpen Member Posts: 389
    Options
    Hi
    Thats great, good luck. Fingers crossed for you.
    Denise
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Fayann,

Many congratulations on getting an interview. :D

of course I'll be with you in your pocket on Wednesday.... and promise no funny noises... or... funny smells. :shock: :roll: :lol::lol:

good luck!

Iris xxxx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Well done Fayann and good luck. Prepare carefully, hope you get it. Wear something with big pockets!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Fayann,

Well don for getting an interview and will also be in your pocket Wednesday and on my best behaviour as well :wink: Hope you get the job and a ((( ))) Cris xx