UPDATE ON MRI

Options
hileena111
hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
edited 27. Sep 2010, 07:31 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well not much further forward but at least one step forward.
I rang the secretary at about 11pm and she said there was some news.
The results were through on the computer but they were in red. No one can access them until they turn green....thats after the radiologist has checked that they are on the computer correctly.. I asked how long that took usually....the next day....next day is Sat!!!!
She said she would check all afternoon and check before she went home at 5pm on the off chance that they had changed.
At least I know the results arent lost. Hopefully find out something on Monday....I cant do anything about it now so will try to forget about it for the rest of the week.
Love
Hileena

Comments

• nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi
    Hileena
    Hope you get some news today. Fingers crossed!
    NB
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Hileena
    Its awful waiting for results, I know, hopefully you will get them today,but like you say try and take your mind off them or you will end up with an headache.
    Good Luck...I hope the results are what you want.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    Blimey Hileena!! that is so frustrating!!

Till they turn green indeed!

Honestly!

have to forget it till monday then?

Love

Toni xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Try to have a good weekend

and I wish you luck for monday

love JuliePF x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    Well I think i will just have to wait until Monday ...its now 4.15pm....even if it does turn green.....I doubt that anyone but the consultnt could give me any answers

Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options
    :(:(:(

yep Hileena

got to forget it for now :(

Frustrating all round

LOve

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Och Hileena!!!!

I hoped you'd have had news. :(

...it's really hard to wait... and wait. :roll:

be kind to yourself over the weekend and do something distracting and fun!

roll on Monday!

Iris xxx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Yes I'll have to think of something fun and distracting over the weekend. I'm determined not to think about it until Mon :wink:
    I dont know what to plan LOL

Love
    Hileena
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hope you get some answers tomorrow. Bet it has been a long weekend for you.

Fingers crossed.

Lv, Ix
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Hileena,

Got everything crossed for you and hope you get some news today. ((())) Cris x
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Hileena

I hope everything is ok for you.

I had an MIR Scan done weeks ago and have yet to find out the results.
    I was told it takes a while as it has to be studied.

Mine was on my liver, Pancreas, stomach where they suspect a blockage. Well they know there is a blockage but not what the actual blockage is made from.

This test was done so they could find out and I was told I need surgery on it.

I have been patiently waiting at home for an appointment to the Liver Unit at the hospital I'm under. I was taken off my meds and put on steroids when my WBC went so low.

Niw I know what is what I shall ring tomorrow and ask them.

I hope things go well for you.

Trish xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi hileena

Just to say I hope you gt some answers today when you ring up about mri scan.

JuliePF x
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for your good wishes....I think I overdid it at the weekend and can hardly move now...I'm sore in places I didnt know I could be sore :(
    I have to deliver some avon {or most of it} today because time is getting on and my order is due in next weekend..well if they dont get their stuff and a book theres not a chance of me getting any orders {which would be a pity over the Christmas period}.
    Peter doesnt go out to work until about 1pm today so I'll see if he will drive me around places. Dont feel that I could drive myself at the minute. I'll check the phone for messages if i come home in between deliveries and I'll phone them if they havent got in touch.
    Normaly it takes a long time for results to come through but because my hip operation is due on Friday week and it might have to be cancelled thats why the rush.

Sorry cant remember who mentioned the length of time...it is only 8am and havent had my first coffee yet :lol::lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Morning hileena, I hope you are able to get some answers today. Thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi ...I spoke to the secretary about 11.15am and she said the results had turned green and she e.mailed the ortho {who's on call at another hospital} to ask if the op would still go ahead...no reply to that yet but she says she will ring me as soon as she hears from him.

Mean time I just received a copy letter from ortho to GP ...about the appointment where he decided I should have the MRI. It says she has "Quite marked kyphoscoliosis in her spine" {means curvature of spine sideways and forward as well}.

He also says he would like to "investigate for inflammatory marker, full blood count, bone biochemistry, serum, uric acid and also an MRI scan of lumbosacral spine"
    . {Thats the one where I had the disappearing bra :lol::lol::lol::lol: }
    He then goes on to say he will review the results as they come back and has requested them on an urgent basiss. "Hopefully everything will be done prior to surgery"......{he's cutting it a bit fine :lol:}
    Love
    Hileena