Bobbling Along

Options
elainebadknee
elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
edited 25. Sep 2010, 16:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi All
Im bobbling along as it put it okay now after a blip.
I went to my hydrotherapy session last night and an attendant person there noticed how I was swimming funny and asked what my problem was with joints....I got talking to her, she gave really good advice on how not to strain other limbs in water. I also got talking to her re my knee issues and as was talking to another swimmer who was trying to get me to complain about consultant who saw me first as she works in hsopital, the attendant overheard.
Anyway my session was supposed to be from 8.15 - 9.15, i came out of there at 10....I got talking to her afterwards and she gave me advice, told me id done really well to get into Wrightington and be seen by someone who appreciates my history and how im struggling....She told me also in my ESA appeal be strong, get points across, write down 6 and if i only get 3 across im doing good, she told me if someone asks me a question and someone else tries to ask another at same time, acknowledge 2nd one but fully answer first one without hesitation.....She said she thought i should get surgery as age , weight shouldnt be an issue, she even got told by her doctr she should exercise more...This woman runs, swims, walsk for charity and is very fit....I wentaway feeling very good.
Then i saw my doc this morning who was pleased i had a 110% better consultation at Wigan than at local hosp, she also told methe letter she had wrttien to solictor and which i havent got a copy of yet but solictor told me it wasnt good was in fact good. She put down that i could work if given support, but she meant in economical climate etc, she supports me fully she say and she didnt reliase i have to go to tribunal. she now wants me to concentrate on getting leg fixed and moving upwards.
These two instances have really lifted my spirits a lot more as i was trying to feel better but when people recognise more what youre going through and tell you youre doing good it boosts your confidence just that bit more to make you fel topped up shall i say...Do you get what I mean?
Im happier and i feel things can only gget loads better...

Elainex

Comments

• woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, Sounds as if you really are doing well! I'm glad that you have had some good advice and your GP is being supportive to you. It makes a lot of difference to how health wise when you don't feel so alone. I hope that you are feeling happier now and will get through the tribunal before too long. Love Sue
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi elaine

I am so glad that you feel loads better.

You now have positive thinking too, keep it up.

take care

JuliePF x
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Now THAT`s our Elaine. Well done you.

I always feel that it`s good, when feeling low, to get out and about, and mix with people, other than close family. They often have a different take on things, which can be very helpful.

Thinking of you.........Ange.x.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    Hi Elaine

Oh eys I DO know what you mean

I think they say for each negative thing you say to a child you need 3 positive ones to keep them feeling ok about themselves.

You have had stacks of negatives and now two positives in one go more or less :)

Keep on going girl - you are doing good :wink:

You WILL get there for certain

Love

Toni xx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Sue

Well yes it does help if you feel youre getting support doesnt it? Just the little things people do can make a heck of a difference to someone else....The tribunal i will go there give it my best and even if ive made them think ive won in a smal way havent I...

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    HI Julie

well yes i am better, head out of fog now and keeping chin well n truly up....

How you getting on with re prosthetic limb, didnt i read you were having difficulty there? Hope that is improving....

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Ange

Well yes that me, nearly all nuts n bolts back in place eh??? I really was glad i met that lady last night, she was so understanding and so proactive and got where i was coming from totally and id never met her before...Weird eh?

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Toni

Thats a good quote to bear in mind re children and positive/negative comments, will put that one in mind's storage....
    I will get there i will have baby steps maybe and if i get a wobble ill just regroup n try again.....

And of course my forum buddies have played a big part here too....

Told Sol however if im going for surgery he's coming too....He's frightened poor little mite!!!

Elainex
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,930
    Options
    Hi Elaine.
    you have to get your point a cross as now one else can do it for you.
    i would wish so many time's i had said things to people but the chance had gone.
    it make's you feel stronger everyone has there right to say what they want.
    take care.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    HI Julie

well yes i am better, head out of fog now and keeping chin well n truly up....

How you getting on with re prosthetic limb, didnt i read you were having difficulty there? Hope that is improving....

Elainex
    Can wear leg for a couple of hrs to get used to it again. But i can only stand and not yet walk. Feel abit worried that i might start another problem. Won't be able to walk far anyway but if i can get to car and scooter i will be happy :P Thanx for asking . :)

glad you are keeping c hin up. take care
    JuliePF x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Joan

I know it hard aint it and every time you try you come out and think damn wish id remembered such n such!! Still we must try to get our point across as much as we can.

elainex
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,425
    Options
    [Told Sol however if im going for surgery he's coming too....He's frightened poor little mite!!!

Elainex[/quote]

Oh No Elaine :(

the poor little thing :(

What about you get him a little plastic fly to take his mind off it :lol:

Love

Toni xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    How lovely to here you sounding so positive, thanks to the chance meeting with the attendant, I am a great believer in fate, and that was meant to be.
    Good luck with everything
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi EBK :D

how great to read your post. :!: wonderful how two meetings with the right people can result in such a positive lift. :D

I am so pleased that your doc was so open and helpful and at last has an understanding of how your condition is affecting you.

Hope this is the start of good things coming together for you Elaine!

we will be with you every step.....

Iris xxxx

'The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched... but are felt in the heart.'
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Elaine Pet

Great to hear you so upbeat......that was great that you got so many positives...it does prove that if you tell people how you feel it can help.....i dont mean keep moaning{except to us :lol: } or I think people tend to avoid people like that but not to pretend everything is OK when it is not....if you get what I mean
    Anyway great to hear you so positive ...sending ((((((hugs)))))))))

Love
    Hileena
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    HI Julie

Well yes the postive is if you cab get to car and scooter then you are mobile arent you?

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    HI Toni

Well yes that could be an idea or maybe put a blindfold over his eyes when go in for aneasthetic.......People keep trying to steer me towards epidural but I'll be honest....It scares the crap out of me!! YEuch!!!

Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    HI Iris

Well yes for me it helps lots, it was a boost I needed and it seemed as if finally everyone was seeing me, hearing me with new eyes and ears! Strange but good.........I really dont think the doc has a real idea of what goes on with DWP claims and processes but she learned soemthing new that day too....
    I think things should start coming good, Im hopeful......And I thank everyone for being with me in all weather of emotions......I will be cacking myself when get date for surgery but will cross that bridge when it comes..........
    You must tell me how you got on, didnt you have an app on Friday, PM me.....

Elainexx

Ps - Good quote!
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Glad hydro and docs went well and you are feeling more positive. When do you next have hydro?

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    HI Hileena

Well yes I know what you mean, discuss it but dont let it eat you up and become your be all and end all of life......Nobody likes a bore or a sourpuss......
    I even helped someone too...As we live near a school came back from town and cars were on both sides so couldnt get past...I just peeped my horn and school mum moved....Now our neighbour next door is obsessed by these women picking up their kids and is nasty to them all....So I peeped my horn, woman moved and next door neighbour came out spouting "Isnt it awful how we cant get to our own drive".......Her husband actually causes a blockage as he purposely puts his car outside his house every day, when he has a perfectly good drive, to stop them parking there......So I replied to neighbour "Its not a problem, I can handle it thank you".....The poor woman with kid was a nervous driver, she didnt know how to maneovur her car to turn round so i guided her and she thanked me very much.....I dont see a reason to fight with these women if they are polite to me and courteous but next door are consumed by this issue...But why buy a home near a school and not expect this? Its for about 40mins a day....
    I told my mum n dad what happened, dad was fine, mum said I needed to keep on side with neighbours and thats when last week i wouold have got upset at her but I said she needed to be more confident in me cos I hadnt acted badly and dad agreed...
    Better and thanks for hugs n advice....
    Elainex
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Speedy

I go every thursday night have done for years now....Its good, a lot of folk go there...Mind you on thursday just gone my gob did the most work than any of my other muscles/limbs...LOL!!!

Elainex
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Well done you.....putting the neighbour in her place in a nice way.....why should you be dragged into her fights with the school mums.
    And for helping the mum out.
    I know how bad it is round schools at kicking out time LOL
    Used to be a lollypop lady :lol:

Love
    Hileena