confusing 40page document from ESA...

Options
tillypink
tillypink Member Posts: 212
edited 26. Sep 2010, 02:55 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi everyone

Just had a 40 page document from the ESA, saying about my appeal. Its so confusing though. Its got the Medical assesment details and then my orignal applicaiton for ESA, then on the end page it says:-
"my name and that the decisison dated 15/7/10. I have looked at it again, to reconsider the decision under appeal, and cannot see any reason to change the original decision given" ???

I first thought that it said that my appeal has been declined, even though I had't had the tribunal yet, but after calling ESA helpline they say the appeal is still going ahead :? ! so thats good in one way.

So I've decided to go to citizens advice for futher help with this, just waiting for a call back from them for an appointment date!

was wondering if anyone else had recieved this also please?? :?

Comments

• carola
    carola Member Posts: 786
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Tillypink

This sounds like what I rec'd in the post a few days ago. It contained the assessors notes and a copy of the ESA form I originally completed. I then rec'd a few days afterwards a form from the tribunals asking to tick a box either to say I no longer wish to appeal OR yes, I do wish to contunue with appeal and that if so, the appeal hearing would likely take place in Feb 2011.

If this is the same as you then wishing you good luck.

Carol
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tilly
    Sorry I cant help, I just want to say good luck, and I really hope you get it.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options
    Good luck Tilly

you are doing the right thing going to CAB for certain.

Love

Toni xx
  • tillypink
    Options
    carola wrote:
    Hi Tillypink

This sounds like what I rec'd in the post a few days ago. It contained the assessors notes and a copy of the ESA form I originally completed. I then rec'd a few days afterwards a form from the tribunals asking to tick a box either to say I no longer wish to appeal OR yes, I do wish to contunue with appeal and that if so, the appeal hearing would likely take place in Feb 2011.

If this is the same as you then wishing you good luck.

Carol

Hi Carol

Yes that is what I recieved today so must be waiting for the form from the tribunal then!!

Is it just me or did it confuse you too?

Are you still gonna appeal to?

thanks
    Lisa
  • tillypink
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hi Tilly
    Sorry I cant help, I just want to say good luck, and I really hope you get it.
    Love
    Barbara xx

Thanks Barbara :)
  • tillypink
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Good luck Tilly

you are doing the right thing going to CAB for certain.

Love

Toni xx

Thanks Toni , only thing to do for the best really :) x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Tillypink,

I'm waiting for a letter from dwp as I asked them to 'reconsider ' their original decision before I would think about the next stage... appeal.

You and Carola are a step ahead of me :wink:

Good luck with your appeal(s)....... both of you. :!:

will be watching for your next post.

Iris x
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Tilly

Sorry I can't help. I hope everything goes well with your appeal.

Good luck.

Sharmaine
  • haagan
    haagan Member Posts: 84
    Options
    It's like anything to do with ESA deisigned to confuse you so you give up. You will be asked if you want to continue so read it underline all errors and wait for next stage. I went through this it's designed to make you give up. We are all with you you can get it overturned at tribunal so gather all your evidence keep a sythom diary . Good luck Fay
  • tillypink
    Options
    dorcas wrote:
    Hi Tillypink,

I'm waiting for a letter from dwp as I asked them to 'reconsider ' their original decision before I would think about the next stage... appeal.

You and Carola are a step ahead of me :wink:

Good luck with your appeal(s)....... both of you. :!:

will be watching for your next post.

Iris x

Thanks Iris :) , good luck with urs too :wink: x
  • tillypink
    Options
    haagan wrote:
    It's like anything to do with ESA deisigned to confuse you so you give up. You will be asked if you want to continue so read it underline all errors and wait for next stage. I went through this it's designed to make you give up. We are all with you you can get it overturned at tribunal so gather all your evidence keep a sythom diary . Good luck Fay

Thanks Fay for your advice, gonna do that, already sorted a A4 file full of letters,appointments, hospital stuff, prescriptions etc, gonna go through the 40 page booklet that I had yesterday and Highlight the mistakes etc.

My partner said the same as you, its there to confuse u so that u give up, well I aint giving up at all :wink: !

How did ur ESA appeal go? if u don't mind me asking Fay?

x
  • haagan
    haagan Member Posts: 84
    Options
    Hi Tily
    I won th could see how bad my hands were across the table before they asked any questions. I went well prepared so could answered any thing they asked. It wasn't as bad as i feared, i took a friend who has seen arthurs effects so he backed me up. They tell you wether you suceeded or not before you leave. Hope you don't have too wait too long. The good news is if you win the money is backdated to week 13. Good luck Fay
  • tillypink
    Options
    haagan wrote:
    Hi Tily
    I won th could see how bad my hands were across the table before they asked any questions. I went well prepared so could answered any thing they asked. It wasn't as bad as i feared, i took a friend who has seen arthurs effects so he backed me up. They tell you wether you suceeded or not before you leave. Hope you don't have too wait too long. The good news is if you win the money is backdated to week 13. Good luck Fay

Wow Fay sorry to hear your hands are so bad :? , not nice but I'm glad u got justice from the appeal too :) ! thanks for answering my questions , u've been a great help.

x

lisa