RA ?????

Options
lavenderlady
lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
edited 26. Sep 2010, 13:18 in Living with Arthritis archive
as some of you I am waiting for my left wrist op to replace my wrist joint , meanwhile my left elbow has gradually been getting not only stiff but swollen and hot to touch and if i bend it it feels like my skin will split as its so swollen obvioulsy I cannot see it much as i cannot twist my arm far, but today my chiropodist asked what had happend to my elbow it looked really painful, ans went off stating it looks like RA which the lady who did my hospital scan said, what symptoms would i have i know my OA is in practically all of my joints my nan had both OA and RA, I'm seeing my GP monday about my damn diabetes I'm going on insulin and not too happy about it, plus my underactive thyroid is not getting enough thyroxine despite taking 200mg a day, BUT is this RA any thought of what it could be would put my mind at rest not only that but i know my wrist op will be delayed if I have any problems with that arm, ( thats when I get a new op date) :cry: feeling a bit sorry for myself right now and need your advice thanks

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi lavenderlady,

so sorry you've developed more symptoms.... as if you weren't dealing with enough already. :( :roll: you have every right to feel upset!

It is possible to have RA or PA as well as OA... there are peeps on the forum with both...but you need your doc to have a look at the elbow and maybe organise tests; blood tests and/ or x rays are likely to be needed to tell what is happening in the left elbow.

I hope that no matter what is happening in your arm it won't prevent your surgery. (PA started in my right elbow and I had a right radial head excision...but it did not stop me having a right TWR.)

I really hope your doc will be able to offer you some advice and reassurance and at the very least check your bloods and maybe organise an Xray.

love and (((hugs)))

Iris xxxxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi lavenderlady
    I am so sorry you are going through all this, I cant comment on RA, but go and see your GP, it will hopefully put your mind at rest.
    Then you can concentrate on your op.
    Please let us know how you get on.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    Options
    thanks for your advice seems I better wait and stop the deep thinking until i see him then, maybe my op wont go ahead until this is sorted as well as the results of my heart scans, more pain to get through feeling breathless and so very tired right now my elbow seems not too bad in the morning but as the day progresses it gets hotter and much more widespread and very red ?????
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    The heat in the joint would suggest inflammation of some sort, but I am not sure about the redness: my knees were permanently hot for 13 years but not red. Is your skin itchy? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    good luck tomorrow lavenderlady :wink:

hope the diabetes and thyroid probs are brought under control with the meds review and that you get some answers from the doc about your inflamed elbow.

thinking about you....

Iris xxxx