ESA and permitted work?

Options
psyart
psyart Member Posts: 600
edited 25. Sep 2010, 16:22 in Living with Arthritis archive
Hi

does anyone know what 'permitted work' means - paid/unpaid? how many hours etc?

thanks

Louise xx
e050.gifo050.gif

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Louise,

ESA is a nightmare of a benefit (in my opinion) and I would think seriously about the impact doing any un/paid work is likely to have on the Work Capability Assessment.... and ultimately ESA. Perhaps discussing this with CAB would be a good idea?

I've posted this link for you from direct gov's own website which explains the hours permitted etc.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/FinancialSupport/esa/DG_171909

good luck with it all,

Iris xx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Louise,

I think I agree with Iris and a bit of advise before you do either might be best.

Its not easy to get an appointment with some of the CAB offices, a lot are only 2 days a week I think... they were a while back so don't forget DIAL down at Hayle cus they also might be able to help. Love and a ((( ))) Cris xx
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, I would say that ESA would be almost impossible to get if you were doing anything at all. My experience of the medical showed me that if you can still breath then you can work. I am very cynical about this benefit and I'd not want to give any excuse to the benefit people to refuse me.

Love Sue
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Options
    Hi thanks for replies.

am doing my Fd on teaching and learning - which the ESA know about and are happy for me to do - and I can do volunatry with a charity or public sector for my course.

but the school I worked for last term want me to do 4 hours teaching a week! until I have been to see the consultant then I know I cant cope with both training and teaching :!:

I have just had a letter to see some one from Pathways to work so may talk to them but dont want to mess things up with my benefits from ESA so thought I would ask :!:

thanks again - will look at that web site Iris. xx

Louise xx
    e050.gifo050.gif