naproxen

valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 28. Sep 2010, 06:40 in Living with Arthritis archive
well a couple of weeks ago came off naproxn as was getting mouth ulsers been fairly ok with out it (still on hydro) but yesterday morning walked up town no prob went down to watch oldest play football stayed 20min then started to feel cold well on way home started stiffening up had to have nap when got in felt awfull kept warm all after noon but stiffness and pain not great woke at 6 for more pain meds just waiting for them ti kick in no swelling but so stiff and painfull could sit and cry wont but well you know the feeling will i have to go back to gp (who worries more about blood pressure) will wait few days see if things settle down again right pain meds starting to kick in will try to get more sleep feel exhausted lol val
val

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I think that naoproxen, in addition to reducing any inflammation is also supposed to have an effect on pain, ie reduce it. Now you have stopped it (and for good reason) it is likely that things will deteriorate, which proves it was helping you. Possibly it built up in your system somewhat which is why things didn't immediately go wrong. Up the pain meds and go and see if the doc has anything else in his armoury, either for the ulcers of anti-inflammatory-wise. I wish you well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    thanks dd have started with cold since have woken up again so could have been that brewing will have to wait and see when it gone and winter only just starting lol
    val
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    You ok Val??

was it a cold starting - that can make you feel pretty dreadful can't it?

Love a sympathetic

Toni xx
  • tjc123
    tjc123 Member Posts: 139
    Hi Val

How are you feeling today?

(((hugs)))

tjc
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hello Val

Just seen your post. Sorry about the Naproxen and that you are feeling so rotten with your cold.

Thinking of you.

Love Tilly xxx