swelling in the tail bone??

karl81
karl81 Member Posts: 16
hi i have psoratic arthritis oesto arthritis and A.s. i woke up on saturday mornng to find my right hip was real sore and was my tail bone i sat on a hot water bottle most o f saturday, my hip is feling a little better but my tail bone is not and to night i have noticed i have a lump on the inside of but crack on the right side iam real sorry for the dipscreption but i don't know how else to put it.When i press on the lump the pain is un real and there is also i great deal of pain if i press on the tail bone it's self, i have never had this before so can you get imfalmation in or around the tail bone area?? do you think i should speak to my doctor.?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hey karl, I was thinking about you the other day, and wondering how you are getting on: not too good by the sounds of things. Poor you, I think one can get inflammation anywhere in the body, and if it is causing you that much discomfort I think you should go and see your GP. He may not know what is behind it, but he might be able to advise a course of action, or refine your meds somehow. I hope it improves soon and that you perk up. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,464
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    karl81 wrote:
    hi i have psoratic arthritis oesto arthritis and A.s. i woke up on saturday mornng to find my right hip was real sore and was my tail bone i sat on a hot water bottle most o f saturday, my hip is feling a little better but my tail bone is not and to night i have noticed i have a lump on the inside of but crack on the right side iam real sorry for the dipscreption but i don't know how else to put it.When i press on the lump the pain is un real and there is also i great deal of pain if i press on the tail bone it's self, i have never had this before so can you get imfalmation in or around the tail bone area?? do you think i should speak to my doctor.?

Hi Karl

If you are in this much pain due to a lump in the rear then yes you should definitely speak to your GP or Rheumatologist asap, and get it checked out as I'm sure the anxiety of it is probably making it worse, and lets face it you have enough to contend with. As DD said you can get swelling in any joint but I suspect the lump part is adding to the pain because of where it is.

Best wishes

Simona