New Perching stool ...... What a bargain!

Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 29. Sep 2010, 11:51 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI

some of you know that I have raved about my perching stool since the OT persuaded me to have it (I wasn't keen but you all said I'd never regret getting one!!!

MY only problem has been that it is most used in the kitchen, but i need it upstairs if I am to wash my hair .... so have to wait for hubby to come home and lug it up stairs, and then wait for him to remember to lug it down again :roll: both of us are fed up with that :wink:

so ..... my chain that holds my rings broke last night :( & on the way to get it fixed this lunchtime I walked past the local hospice shop.

There .... sitting adorned by loads of handbags (they do make a good hanger for loads of things don't they :lol::lol: ) was an almost brand new perching stool & a really good make ..... and they wanted £15 for it. I never knew I could move that quickly :lol::lol: raced to bank and back, and snapped it up. It is wonderful, and a quick look on the net suggests that I would have paid around £65 for a brand new one of same make etc. :shock:

I am happy, and the charity shop are happy, so I feel really lucky to have been going past just at the right time.

Oh well .... there's no excuse for not washing my hair now!

just a thought if you are looking for stuff, that charity shops are often given stuff when people no longer need them.

I have to say it has been an expensive trip though, as the new clasp for the gold chain my rings are on cost nearly £30 :roll: :roll:

WOnky

Comments

• dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Good on you Wonky!

what a bargain :D you're right about the charity shops they are a great source of dis. aids. I got another 'helping hand' lifter for 50p in my local hospice shop :wink:

I've now got a picture of you in my head elbowing everyone out of the way to get to the ATM and then returning and grabbing the stool... completes with all that was hanging on it. :lol::lol::lol:

bet you're ruthless at the January sales too. :!: :shock: :lol:

Iris xx :mrgreen:
  • Wonkylegs
    dorcas wrote:

I've now got a picture of you in my head elbowing everyone out of the way to get to the ATM and then returning and grabbing the stool... completes with all that was hanging on it. :lol::lol::lol:

Iris xx :mrgreen:

Oh Iris, you should have seen the lady serving in the shop - her face really fell ..... I think she had spent all morning carefully adorning it with all manner of lovely things .... only for me to ask her to move them all, and they to take the stool away :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

left her with a job to do :roll: but I did smile at her, honest!

Right .... better go, off to docs now. should have been for MTX injection but I'll not get it with this cold :( . Need her to check my chest because all the coughing is getting really painful :(:(

see you later
    WOnky xxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    good luck at the docs then Wonky :wink:

don't like the sound of that there cough and sore chest :roll: :shock:

let us know later what the doc says?

Iris xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    What a bargain. My Mum in law swears by charity shops.

I too would have liked to see womans face as she dismantled the display for you :lol::lol: I bet she was muttering to herself :lol:

Bet you are tired now after the sprint to atm and back to shop glad it was still there.

have a coffee now and a bun

JuliePF :lol:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I am pleased for you wonky, it was obviously meant to be. I hope you get on OK at the docs. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Wonkylegs
    HI All,

well no MTX but that was not a surprise .... I didn't even take it with me :wink:

back on both inhalers for now, and keeping the steroids at this dose :( rather than reducing them, as they will help if there is any infection .... but chest sounded clear, though doesn't feel it :? :?

bloods tomorrow morning at 10am, marking the FBC urgent and I've to ring tomorrow evening for results and advice.

monitoring temp & peak flow, and got to go back if anything gets worse :roll:

still smiling though :wink::D:D:D:D:D

ooops ... hubby now home .... better go and own up at spending :shock: :lol::lol::lol::lol:

thanks everyone,

WOnky
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Wonky,

Oh I so hope it gets better for you soon. I hate to tell you this but I do know that miss L. Legs is on the case and she will bark at your bloods at the very least......

Sending you a ton of ((((( ))))) and a bucket of hopes and wishes that it all settles and you soon feel a lot better. Cris xx..... and you haven't escaped... slurp from him in his very dirtiest clothes :roll:
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    That was a very good bargain Wonky!

I also use my perching stool in the kitchen as an airer for odd items of washing.. I drape them over it before I go to bed and they are almost dry in the morning..

Sorry to hear about your chest playing up still..

Marion
  • Wonkylegs
    Thanks for that tip Marion .... I must admit the one in the kitchen does have rubber gloves and a teatowel draped on it right now :lol::lol::lol:

Wonky
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi Wonky
    Thats a great bargain......I founbd that when I had my perching stool formy first THR.....if I wanted it upstairs it was downstairs and if I wanted it downstairs it was upstairs....never could get it right and i couldnt move it :wink: Hubby was never about when I needed it in the other place....it was the same with the grabber. Upstairs if I needed it downstairs etc
    Love
    Hileena
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    How fab Wonky - bargains are great arent they and having a perching stool both up and downstairs will make such a difference.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    Hi Wonky

Well done you for snapping up a bargain like that :wink:

and you got a bit of exercise too :)

Better keep my eyes peeled as well.....
    love

Toni xx
  • Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    Hi Wonky

Love charity shops as you know. I love going for a rummage in them and I have picked up a lot of bargains for my flat and also clothes. You just have to be there at the right time.

I buy lots of clothes in them and now when people say, it that new? I just smile and say yes.

Well done for getting a great bargain - I hope it really helps make your life a bit easier than it is at the mo.

Hope you are feeling a bit better

Hugs (((((((((((((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))))))))))

Fayann xxx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Hi
    We only have 2 charity shops in our village....none in the Metro center and only one or 2 in Newcastle.
    Peter loves them for old books...he looks for first editions etc meantime I'm rumaging through them for clothes and bits and pieces
    Wish I couldget to them more often

Love
    Hileena
  • joanneredshaw
    joanneredshaw Member Posts: 62
    I too saw a perching stool outside a charity shop, lucky I already had one.
    But does anyone know if I can get help with buying the kettle tipper device? Do I have to purchase it myself?
    I need help with pouring the kettle, I do use a jug to fill it up in the first case..
    Also if I am awarded DLA, can I get help with paying my yearly prescription payment. Or do you have to be on more benefits?
    Any advice would be greatly received.

Jo :D