Bloody weather

andylambs
andylambs Member Posts: 71
edited 2. Oct 2010, 03:46 in My child has arthritis
Poor Philippa is complaining of pain in her finger. There's no obvious swelling or heat, and it's her most damaged joint. I think it really is just the damp weather rather than a new flare.

Is the idea of damp weather upsetting damaged joint a true one?

Thanks,
Andy

Comments

• Rainbow77
    Rainbow77 Member Posts: 275
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Andy

Welcome to the lovely british weather!!!!! Now you know why we all talk about it all the time.

Yes, I think it does affect some people, when it is really cold and damp. The main time being when there is a large low air pressure mass over the UK - which there is today.

It can also be worse when there is really changeable weather. I would get her some gloves or there are warming gels that you can put in the microwave and then put into your pockets and they help to keep your hands warm.

Take care

Fayann xxx
  • illihor
    illihor Member Posts: 283
    yes I agree the damp weather really plays a sad role for Arthritis surffers. I know my Dad gets greatly affected by it and last year so did Kayleigh but she's in such a better place finally that it doesn't seem to be bothering her AS much today she said her hands were sore and cold :( thankfully we get it milder down than most parts but still doesn't help :(

Michelle xxx
  • andylambs
    andylambs Member Posts: 71
    Thanks Fayann, I'll get some hand warmers. I have a cash and carry box load at home in the garage - shame it's in the wrong continent! I'm such a ditz for not thinking of that myself.

And thanks Michelle, good to know it's not just a myth or my imagination. In the meantime I think I'll go and buy shares in which ever company make children's paracetamol medicine. I think I should get some return on my investment with the amount I'm spending.

Have a great weekend everyone,
    Andy
  • illihor
    illihor Member Posts: 283
    we get paracetamol and ibuprofen on script so don't have to pay for it for her.

I have gone to a ski shop and bought Kayleigh ski mittens as then she doesn't have to try and get fingers into each hole and she seems to be warmer for it as her fingers help keep each other warmer. her's as per most little girls are bright pink lol