Options
2»

Comments

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi DD

I don't know whether things are pre-ordained or not. I was just wondering whether everything in life happens by mere chance, or whether some things are mapped out for us. Sometimes it seems that the latter is true. Seemingly random chains of events can lead to life-changing situations, which sometimes seem as though they were meant to be.

eg. Someone I know had been trying to trace her father for several years, having been adopted as a baby, but without success. She had more or less given up when she was invited to a dinner party. She had not met some of the other guests before, but was seated at the table next to a friendly man. As they got chatting, she mentioned that the only thing she knew about her father was his name, and where he was born. Instantly, the man said he knew someone of that name who came from the place she mentioned. He offered to act as a go-between, and the man was indeed my friend's father. They were happily reunited after 50 years.

I suppose it could just be a happy coincidence, but it does make you wonder if it was meant to be.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I think coincidence. If you start tracing the decisions that led to that dinner party, well, where would you stop? What a story and how lucky for her! I hope your day is going well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Have you ever had a premonition about something, and then it has happened at some point in the future :?: I have experienced this, and it does make me wonder. Coincidence :?: Maybe, I don't know.

When I was 17, I worked in a children's home during my school holidays. Once, they took me on holiday with them, and I was asked to look after 5-year-old twins, a boy and a girl. I became very fond of these children, and they seemed attached to me too. As we were travelling home on the coach, they both fell asleep across my knee, and as I looked at them, I suddenly got a very strong premonition that one day I would be a mother of twins. Ten years later, almost to the day, I did become a mother of twins, a boy and a girl.
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    On the time scale where is tomorrow?
  • cebeem
    cebeem Bots Posts: 472
    Options
    ichabod6 wrote:
    On the time scale where is tomorrow?

Tomorrow never comes its like trying to catch your shadow!

Joan I'm loving your stories on here....they have made the hairs on my neck tingle.

My friend told me that dinner party story several years ago...wonder if it was the same person?
    c