Options
2»

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Oh elna, poor you. I know what it is like to have a very limited diet, my severe eczema as a child ensured that no lovely, fun foods were an option! I suppose all you can do is re-introduce things, one at a time, and find out what suits you and what doesn't. What a horrid thing, it just is not fair. DD (who is thumping her keys with severe irritation!)

Thanks DD, I must admit that I have been rebelling, some days. A too limited diet is soooooooo boring, as you found out as a child. :x I love my food so much, as you say, it is just not fair! I live to eat, not eat to live!Oh well, time will tell :lol:

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Oh Elna I so know what you mean! I find it so restrictive and so boring. Crohn's is very food triggered..... Its s bad when it goes i tend to just not eat all the nice things i love in case.....

Another ((((( ))))) and lomitil flower, it really does help. Love Cris xx

Aw Cris, I know you suffer too in lots of ways with crohn's thrown in on top of everything else. I am so sorry, I never envisaged it could suddenly, more or less out of the blue, become this bad and as I said earlier, I love food. :x The gastro asked if I was stressed about anything and I replied only this IBS. :x

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elna,

I am lucky I am not that keen on food, just grazing the wrong things :lol::lol:

Does IBS back down like the crohn's does? Hey I am lucky my Brother got colitis.... I know which I would prefer if I had to choose but you know what..... I would love some nice fresh home made bread.... and i just asking for payback with that but am ok with the cheap stuff.....

Fingers crossed they will get yours under control but seriously if lomitil can hep me its got to e good.... even if its another 8 tablets a day :lol::lol: ((( ))) and some cyber nice food..... Mushrooms and tomatoes, decent bread and a whole plate full of uncooked peas... odd what you crave :lol::lol: Cris xx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Elna,

I am lucky I am not that keen on food, just grazing the wrong things :lol::lol:

Does IBS back down like the crohn's does? Hey I am lucky my Brother got colitis.... I know which I would prefer if I had to choose but you know what..... I would love some nice fresh home made bread.... and i just asking for payback with that but am ok with the cheap stuff.....

Fingers crossed they will get yours under control but seriously if lomitil can hep me its got to e good.... even if its another 8 tablets a day :lol::lol: ((( ))) and some cyber nice food..... Mushrooms and tomatoes, decent bread and a whole plate full of uncooked peas... odd what you crave :lol::lol: Cris xx

Hi Cris

Yes, I believe so, if you get to know what foods trigger it off. I shall remember Lomotil as and when the Lopermide/Imodium fails to work anymore. Reassuring to have another name up one's sleeve, so to speak. :) I can also take up to 8 tabs a day, so far have only taken 7 max on one occasion.

Luv
    Elna x

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Elna

Its Imodium's big, big brother..... It really is good with the crohn's and that is so violent! TMI :lol::lol::lol: ((( ))) and hopes it backs down... you know stress wont help flower so do your yoga and please try not to think abut it other than food. I kinda got mine sussed now... except the mtx is holding it down and I still can't eat greens.... Its hard when your a veggie :lol::lol::lol: Cris xx

Hi Redpoppy,

Sorry a hi-jacker here :oops: A ((( ))) for you though. xx
  • elainefatfingers
    elainefatfingers Member Posts: 6
    Options
    redpoppy wrote:
    hi,i have had psoriatic arthritis for 20yrs.been on leflunamide for about 7yrs.ive started getting very bad days of bloating wind and the runs.my gp thinks its IBS.i think i have read somwere it could be connected to PA.as anyone else heard this?

Hi redpoppy

I too have psoriatic arthritis and have started having IBS recently but I did not know that they could be connected. I do find that coffee and wheat products make things worse and mint tea and Mebeverine (bought over the counter off prescription) help. Hope you get some relief soon.